Feature Suggestions

Submit your feature ideas and votes. Take advantage of search to find existing submissions and use your votes wisely.

Feature Suggestions

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be awesome if we can integrate Facebook comment box onto our gallery, photos, etc. instead of using the Guestbook. Most news media websites and blogs have Facebook comment section intergrated since so many people are on Facebook.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Zenfolio
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  API/Plugins/Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shouldn't be a problem to allow local currencies on partner fulfilled products, at least not in the "customer price lists"
    If Paypal accepts them on digital products, the should do so on the others as well.

65 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. a rating or clicking number of stars or a voting button available to all viewers of a photo. This would help the photographer to assess his best/ popular photos.

65 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If your Zenfolio galleries point to a custom domain, there is no way to add 301 redirects in the case that you change your friendly URLs. The result is that search engines find 404 errors and the photographer has no way of fixing it. I would suggest a small section in the control panel that would allow users to add their own custom 301 redirects in the case that their Zenfolio galleries use a custom domain name.

62 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like to do limited print (1/10, 1/25, etc) to have original and limited Fine Art print (with certificates of authenticity).

61 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be great to have the chance to watermark videos, not just images.

59 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I consistently use several fonts related to my photography. None of these are available. I'd like to be able to upload my own fonts.

59 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The custom page width restricted (fixed) to 944 pixels - It seems such an arbitary and outdated limit (especially as the height is unrestricted, so why restrict the width?). Can this please be fixed - a switch on the custom design page to allow the user to choose content width to be set to "dynamic" Or a "defined amount" (defaulted, with 944px as default amount to avoid messing up existing custom pages)

59 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Now that Google has released the tools for programmers to make their apps compatible with chromecast, I would love to have the ability to share my photos from the Zenfolio App to the big screen. I would love to stream a slideshow of my portfolio while meeting with potential clients. This would be a great addition to an already wonderful App.

58 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  API/Plugins/Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I've used Windows phones since 2003 (see Windows phone history ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Mobile#History), and I have no plans to switch to iPhone or Android, which still lack many of the options and compatibility features.

I've enjoyed using Zenfolio for the last 4 years, but am missing ability to access my pictures using my phone. My IE mini browser doesn't display the content well (layout of site is bad for small screen, and it takes too long to load).

You've created apps and mobile site for both iPhone and Android. Can you support at least one of the two access paths…

56 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  API/Plugins/Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Piggybacking on the idea to fully integrate Facebook API/Login for ordering but taking it one step further: allow/set up tagging of people in the photos.
    I just discovered PicsCliq which is an online portfolio/ordering company that has this feature. If their printed product compared to ZF's, it would be hard to convince me not to switch. That being said, their product offering looks cheesier and I'm more interested in a quality product but what a marketing strategy...
    Bonus: if the tags could be converted to keywords.

55 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  API/Plugins/Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. With todays upgrade, the issue of color managed thumbnails is fixed. Great!!! But unfortunately, the slide show still remains unmanaged. So, could we please have a color managed slide show? On my wide gamut monitor the colors simply explode...

52 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I have a 27 inch display and when I open my images in full screen mode the size of them do not show the quality as much as they should. I have account in the "other" company as well and when i look on my photos on their website they look much better - it is not the process they use - the photos are bigger and this is what it makes the photos look better. I can not stay with the "other company" because they do not have european lab - us only.

I think by changing the size…

50 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Various similar sites have the option of viewing your images in black and White and even sepia at the push of a button. This would give us the opportunity to sell more products

50 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I would like to have the ability to password protect a custom page.

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I am a front end web developer/designer as well as a photographer. As such, usability is a key component of everything I do. Although I think the current templates are beautiful and part of the pull to Zenfolio, they are not responsive and the "mobile" version of the site is TERRIBLE! Not too mention, I suspect there will be many issues in the near future with the increasing number of devices. The templates offered would not be difficult to make responsive and would offer the same beautiful quality to small and medium screen devices as to large screens.

48 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. We need better facilities for managing and maintaining collections. Here's the problems... and my suggestions for the features we need.

Adding images to a collection is relatively easy, collections eg showcase collections tend to grow rapidly and need regular 'thinning out'. We are however seriously lacking tools to be able to do that kind of maintenance.

The thumbnails in the edit images view (for collections) are too small to be able to decide between any set of images which are remotely similar. Option for larger thumbnails would be helpful but only part of the solution.

Double clicking an image in…

46 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I have clients that would like to be able to compare similar images side by side.

45 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I'd to have the home page to display a different photo each tim it is loaded.
    The photo would be picked up randomly in a collection.
    Avantage over the slideshow :
    - home page loaded faster
    - Incitation for the visitor to come back to see an other picture
    - A more "dynamic" page than with always the same photo.

45 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatic discounts based on cart contents EG automatically discount delivery of cart is over $X
    and
    1 x 10x8 =$50 3 or more $40 each 5 or more £30 each etc

I know these can be solved by either coupons or packages but automatic discounting would be a much better option for customers

44 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?