Feature Suggestions

Submit your feature ideas and votes. Take advantage of search to find existing submissions and use your votes wisely.

Feature Suggestions

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Viewing throungh TV/internet interface such as Roku or the TV (sony, Samsung, Visio, etc). Picassa already does this.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Zenfolio
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    15 comments  ·  API/Plugins/Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature has been reviewed and given the current roadmap, a for a tailored experience will unfortunately be not able to happen in 2016. We will reassess at a later time.

2. The biggest complaint I get from users visiting my galleries on the iPhone is that the swipe to navigate feature disables the tap+hold to save photo feature of safari. While I don't expect you to fix safari, can you add a download photo function to the mobile/iphone version of your gallery?

Many of my clients want to download a photo and upload the photo to facebook. Sharing a link isn't good enough since people can't tag their faces, so actually being able to download a photo then upload it on facebook is necessary.

I would recommend a [Download] Button with…

90 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to be able to sell watermarked digital downloads at reduced or zero cost.

88 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature has been reviewed and given the current roadmap this will unfortunately be not able to happen in 2016. We will reassess at a later time.

4. It would be great if we had the option to print with a white border proportionate to the size of the print ordered. I have been looking everywhere and matted/framed prints looks so much better when they have a white border for three reasons: it almost look like a double mat, you have room to sign the print on the white border AND the mat doesn't overlap the image edges and therefore doesn't crop the print. Go see a fine art gallery, all the photos have a white border around them.

88 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 86 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature has been reviewed and given the current roadmap this will unfortunately be not able to happen in 2016. We will reassess at a later time.

6. The new Shopping Experience is a horrible step backwards and a horrible step away from the image.

I posted this opinion with customer service. I will say I got a very quick helpful reply from them as I always do with Zenfolio.

I joined the recent webinar and posted a comment but had to leave before there was a reply.

I very strongly object to the new shopping experience.

The selling window is larger and just looks tacky. Yes, I can make it go
    away but I, and anyone visiting the page, would have to make it go away on…

82 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I have a number of contributing photographers and wish to review their uploads before going live with them. Currently they can upload anything to their gallery and change the folder to public and assign a price list.

While there has been some major improvements on zenfolio, there is a real requirement for some access control toggles for user accounts or galleries

The following would be a few suggestions:

1) Allow viewing of all galleries or just the ones that have been authorized (also mentioned in other posts)

2) Have the ability to restrict the changing of price lists or allow…

81 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update the app to include ordering options as well as access to the selling platform for reports and Order Approval

80 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It’s possible to sell images through the Photo Moments app (via mobile browser shopping cart) and the Order Approval feature is being worked on for the Zenfolio app

9. Most blogs allow you to post via email directly (attach photo, write story, send to predetermined email address) that posts right to the blog automatically. This allows doing this quickly and even on a schedule or offline (create the blog posts in advance and send them when reconnected to the internet.)

Very easy, and for most much easier than the blog interface.

79 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I have a custom domain pointing to my zenfolio service. In order to have another domain name resolve to it i have to point the 2nd domain point to the first (at the DNS server level).

However if multiple domains could be pointed to the Zenfolio DNS server it would be a lot easier

78 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Currently, visitors must navigate to the /blog page to see the latest posts.

It would be nice to have the option to show the latest N blog posts (perhaps in short form) on the home page.

77 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It would be nice if we are able to download ALL the low resolution photos from a gallery. That way I can just give my clients a link they can use for their facebook upload with my signature.

76 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I'd like the ability to have my group main page shown as an option on the "featured" or "recent" pages instead of individual collections. This would work great for wedding photography. You have a group with collections such as "Getting Ready", "Ceremony", "Reception", etc to allow the client to be able to skip to images quicker... You just want the main link to be on the "recent" or "featured page though not the individual collections...

76 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A list of categories would be very very handy. I am hoping that my blog will become very active and making it easier for people to pick topics that my blogs fit into would be great, and a huge help !

76 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Printmarks, while similar to watermarks, would be added to the final product once printed. This would give us an option to keep our logos on the images once printed. I'd rather see this as an option feature than having to stick a logo on all my images (sometimes you don't want to include images, sometimes you do, so by having the option with a feature we could do so during the order approval time).

75 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Often times I create custom watermarks for clients events and I find that I have a hard time creating the perfectly sized watermark for zenfolio. If I make one, upload it to Zenfolio and see that it's too big/small, I then have to go back into Photoshop/other software, resize the image, re-export, and re-upload to Zenfolio and try again. It would be great if the ability to scale a particular watermark would be a feature in the "Edit Watermark" function box....right under Opacity

73 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Several times I've needed to replace all the photos in a gallery with new copies (with a different size, say). There is no easy way to do this. A workaround I've used is to delete all photos in the gallery and re-upload - but that removes the visitor stats on each photo.

72 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I would like to be able to have links in the site menu have a password protected option. For example.I could upload my clients signed contract and password protect that file so only they could access it.A nested menu would make this easier as well so that I could list the portrait session and signed contract in the same menu system.
    bigblackbag.com has this feature already.

72 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I think it's absurd that my customers are being shown print options which are not "best fit". That simply leads to unhappy customers who either forgot to crop or cropped incorrectly. We should have the option (just a simple checkbox) in our "price list" to display "best fit ONLY".

In addition "best fit" needs to be part of Canvasses as well. It's ridiculous that Zen should feel people buying prints want the best size while thinking people buying canvasses should pull out their calculators to figure out the best option.

69 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow use of random thumbnail for groups (like for galleries and collections). The thumbnail should be randomly generated from the collections and galleries within the group.

69 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?