Feature Suggestions

Submit your feature ideas and votes. Take advantage of search to find existing submissions and use your votes wisely.

Feature Suggestions

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to search for keywords, etc. in EDIT VIEW

165 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    47 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature has been reviewed and given the current roadmap this will unfortunately be not able to happen in 2016. We will reassess at a later time.

2. Thumbnails have a deliberate contrast increase to make them look "better". In fact, they make all my photos look worse. If I wanted more contrast, I'd add it myself. You are unable to judge what a full-size photo will look like from the thumbnail, and might not click the thumbnail thinking the full-size will look as bad.

How about an option to turn off the contrast increase for thumbnails?

149 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Instead of having to pull images that are already on your site, have the option to upload images from your computer so if you are combining photos etc. for your blog post, you don't have to use exact photos on your site.

138 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please remove (even at a premium) the 2gb video limit for video uploads.

This is crucial for the ever growing user base of hybrid photographers/VIDEOGRAPHERs that zenfolio attracts. Please make this a priority. Thank you.

132 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Like SmugMug when you view a panorama you can zoom in or scroll left and right. Most panoramas looks too small on 1 screen if it cannot be scrolled.

128 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Perhaps I have overlooked something: But to best of my searching, currently only whole galleries are listed in "Recently Added". However, when galleries are updated by a individual images the whole gallery is listed. Not the individual image, only.

120 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like it so that I can create different defaults for different pages depending on the client and what I want that client to be able to do - e.g. Buy or Share or Download etc. - and then when I have created these different defaults, to be able to save them in a directory and then apply them to the particular pages I want to.

119 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The current options on coupon codes work well but - I want to offer a discounted price list on a gallery until a set date in the future then revert to my normal price list - Coupons give flat rates off whereby with a second price list I can offer discounts on certain products. I would see this being a feature you could enable on a per gallery basis and then select a second price list and an expiry date before it reverts to the normal price list

117 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I believe we would get more incoming traffic if we when we add a title to our photos (which we currently can) that the < title > tag would reflect that title.

For example, Flickr does this. If I have a photo titled "Sunset over Pushaw" on flickr, the title tag reflects that. I've received many more hits from Flickr than I do with Zenfolio.

117 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When someone leaves a comment on a blog post, I would like to be able respond on the blog to that comment, instead of responding with an email or making a new blog comment. Other blogs have where the administrator can respond to a comment and it appears offset/indented under the comment that they are responding to.

114 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Searching for keywords would be better optimized if there was a "tag cloud" where viewers could just click a keyword as opposed to typing it. This is a common feature on many photo websites already. This would greatly enhance user experience by decreasing the amount of page navigations. Example http://www.amivitale.com/

111 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I offer a free download to each of my clients as part of their upfront session fee. In order to keep track of the downloading their ONE free session right now I have to approve all orders to keep tabs, which I'd rather not do. It would be nice for the download to have a setting for "one time only" instead of unlimited. Suggestions welcome!

111 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. There is another feature request for coupons for specific items. I would like that, but I would also like more options as well. For example, a buy one get one, a buy one a regular price get 50% off second of like product, a coupon that applies only to a particular print (this image xx% off today), etc.

110 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Categories and sub-categories seem to be a constant problem because everyone wants to categorize their photographs differently. Some categorize by subject (of which there are conceivably thousands), others categorize by theme (like the user that requested "History" and "Vintage").

The solution of continuously adding more and more categories/sub-categories isn't very effective either. One of two things will happen:

A) Users will eventually have to sift through far too many categories/sub-categories to find what they want. It will get to a point where any given user must sift through many times more categories that are useless to them than those that…

108 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Currently it is confusing for customers who are looking for a specific image. When they search for an image name/number they are first presented with a "gallery" in which the photo is contained. Clicking on that first, obvious result leads them only to the gallery and not to the photo for which they are searching.

It would be helpful if site owners could select what search results are presented – galleries, collections or just photos, that match the search.

Also being able to include Groups in the search options, and make them into either a Collection or set of Favorites…

106 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When users use the new Facebook like button to 'like' an image or gallery, it does not currently send a thumbnail image to Facebook. Thumbnails are more likely to be clicked on and liked by other Facebook users, which would bring more eyes to our work!

101 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  API/Plugins/Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like to be able to copy entire groups/folders with sub-groups, galleries, text, captions, etc., into a different group/folder. At present, I have to re-create every folder, sub-folder, and gallery, then select all photos in each individual gallery and copy over to the corresponding gallery I've created. While individual photo captions transfer, I must also manually transfer all folder and gallery names and captions. Very time consuming.

98 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The capability to customize order confirmation emails would be extremely beneficial in allowing us to make sure the appropriate information is going to the customer.

Also, when using vendors outside of zenfolio vendors (i.e. self-fulfillment) the option for complete shipping customization needs to be made available.

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The zenfolio site is now optimized for use on mobile devices and many of my clients view their galleries on their mobile devices in addition to their computers, however the slideshow music doesn't play on mobile devices currently. I would like to see the option of having music play on mobile devices when clients are watching the slideshows I've put together for them.

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I feel like organizing client files is the bane of the existence of every photographer. Programs like ShootQ and (the oh-so slowly released) Tave are great, but only so much as they integrate well with what the photographer actually uses and loves (and Zenfolio is hands down the best client proofing software out there). If Zenfolio is ready to take on a new project (cause this would take a lot of manpower) creating or intergrating with a system that truly is a one stop shop for photographers to manage leads, workflows, payments, schedules and tasks, we as a photography community…

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?