Feature Suggestions

Submit your feature ideas and votes. Take advantage of search to find existing submissions and use your votes wisely.

Feature Suggestions

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The menu that appears when you hover over the photo is great, but it's too slow to appear--it should appear instantly, not after one second. Furthermore, the menu doesn't appear unless the mouse stops moving. I've watched a person not discover the menu simply because they were hunting around with the mouse, never pausing it long enough to trigger the menu appearance. Then they had to ask me how to download a photo. The menu should appear the instant the mouse crosses over the photo area. And by instant, I mean instant--no fade on or a very fast fade on.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Zenfolio
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A spreadsheet style view showing all groups, galleries and collections in rows, and each column showing each setting that can be applied to each of those. Maybe with pulsing options to change those settings.

If you change the layout or theme of a gallery, and change it to the default, or change the default watermark of many other options, you might have a gallery or group not using the default settings. This way you could quickly scan your entire set of groups and galleries to see what needs to be changed, and in a perfect world, click and change that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I really would like to see under the visitor stat more analytics. I liked how square space had how many visitors per day, where they came from (facebook, instagram, and their location.) It would show me someone from Detroit read my blog or click on a certain picture, because I can't tell where my marketing is working and that would be nice to know, or where I need to market more too based on the locations that are looking at my website.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ivoke is the only lab that offers Alu Panels - but only ships to the US. Can ZF please locate a lab that offers Alu Panels for shipping to the rest of the world? Selling Alu Panels through the integrated cart would be just so much more "Business Premium"-like than the horrible PayPal cart that is presented to "self-fullfilled" products …

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Vendor Related  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would love the ability to change the click behaviour of a menu item. It would be great, for example, when one clicks a menu item, it dims the lights and take you straight to the album instead of taking you to a new page/ opening a new window

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I love the random thumbnails for galleries feature but I would like to specify that it chooses from landscape of portrait orientated images so that my galleries all have the same shaped thumbnail.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. First off .... This Feature needs to be more user friendly! As well the the saving features to be FIXED STAT! My client and I just lost 2.5 hours worth of work and saved after every page bc this has been the 3rd go around of trying to create a book from her wedding! This should not be so hard! When you hit save it should be saved or whats the point of having it? Also a duplicate page feature needs to be added. So irritated right now of the lost work. If anyone else has had this issue please…

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In addition to "create new", I'd like to be able to customize new pages on the website using templates instead of having to customize from scratch. Give users a choice of page layouts, similar to the way people use website templates to start up a site, and those can be used to create new pages. It would be helpful to be able to drag items around a page so it is set up how the user would like it to look.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. wish visitors could "like" the photos they like and that other visitors can see the number of likes.
    Like FB but without having to identify with ZENFOLIO.
    We could consider it like from their Facebook account, without sharing the image or this like on their FB page.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API/Plugins/Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I am spending too long navigating through my groups. Why not allow the use of a quick link term in Edit view to jump to that group /gallery or collection.

As it stands the power of quick links is all in the preview mode or in other words for the visitors benefit. Why not allow it to be handy at the administration side or back end also.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. From ArtStoreFronts blog: It’s all about less text, fewer clicks.

The internet is full of case studies that highlight the impact this simple change can have.

One of our favorites was run on the Vancouver 2010 olympic online store. They tested the single checkout page and found…

The single page checkout process was the clear winner and led to lower cart abondon rates. Successful completion rate for the entire checkout process increased by 257.26%. Overall site conversion rate increased by 0.54%. We also observed some unexpected improvements during this experiment, like an increase of 8.54% in the average order value!

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I would like to see the ability to set page layouts that have multiple columns, such as how an online newspaper or blog is configured. Give the option to have 2 or 3 columns and the ability to adjust their width so you can have one column wider than the other. In addition, give the ability to place specific elements in certain columns and determine the other elements appear in a given column. An example 2 column display would have a wide right column with thumbnails from your album and the narrower right column would have a featured photo, recent…

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to make only certain customers able to automatically purchase/download images where everyone else requires me to approve. So essentially authorized customers. I require password authorization for all my Group folders (Clients), but they still have to put in their Client Account info before doing so.

So from my back end, I envision putting in their sign in email/user login, and when anything is purchased from their email, they can purchase without me having to approve the order. BUT if another person tries to download I would have to approve the order. Does that make sense?

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Selling Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to see direct blog entries from the Zenfolio admin app on both Android and iPhone with more than just a title and description, but room to actually type a blog to make it easier to engage my clients.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I would like to see direct blog entries from the Zenfolio admin app on both Android and iPhone with more than just a title and description, but room to actually type a blog to make it easier to engage my clients.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be great some if one could populate the "keywords" field
    automatically, based on an image's name, gallery, group, and parent
    groups. For example, let's say I have a photo called "Eiffel Tower" in a
    gallery called "Landmarks," which is part of the "Paris" group,
    which itself is part of the "France" group, which is part of the "Europe" group. I'd like to automatically assign Europe, France, Paris, and Eiffel Tower as keywords for the image. I'd also like Europe, France, and Paris to be keywords for the Paris group.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make a graphic next to the options in Page Options to show what you are turning on and off. Some of the choices are not obvious and it sure would make it easier.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add a compact version of the new Edit View. There is so much place that is lost. Everytime a window open, I have to scroll down to see it all. I now feel like I can miss a lot of info / forget something and make major errors because of that.

It is a waste of space and a waste of time not to be able to see everything.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I take many pictures with many peoples. I would like each people can have a link to found this personnal pictures.
    I know we can found this in zenfolio but Sometimes, i need to active option to hide other confidential pictures then each can't see others pictures with "confidential option" activate, they can see first the pictures where they are because i give a direct link.
    If I can explain in French it will be easy to understand !
    Idealy, It will be perfect if I can give a ticket with QR code.. but it's another story, I think.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API/Plugins/Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would save several scrolls and mouse clicks if I could see the custom product image when the packages or pricelists are in the root list.

Even better would be the ability to have different custom images for the same product that spans across different pricelists.
    (A package for a baby, family and senior pricelist that contains the same product--3 5x7 and 2 8x10 for example) but can only have one custom product image unless I make three separate packages and name them different things. That would be wonderful!!!

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?