I would be very interested in ...

Additional Language Support - Allow customers to select site language

It's possible to set the site up in different languages, but not to have the customer choose the language. Vote here for allowing visitors to choose the language of the site rather than it being defined by the photographer.

234 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ZenMasterAdminZenMaster (Admin, Zenfolio) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hilary RhodesHilary Rhodes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I live in Switzerland and most of my likely customers will be French or even German speakers, thank you.

• Martial ComeauMartial Comeau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, since I live in a french and english speaking region I absolutely need to have a website in both languages.

• Claude Badet PhotographieClaude Badet Photographie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Living in Canada I need to be able to offer the option of choosing the french or english versions of my site. (a little flag on the right corner for instance).
    I see this suggestions has been made by someone in 2014.
    How could I know Zenfolio will implement this options one day? (or is it done and I do not see it?).

• Fireplace-PhotgraphyFireplace-Photgraphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I present my site to visitors and clients in German and English speaking countries.
    At the moment I can only decide which group I want to disappoint !

At the moment with one click in the settings I can choose between German and English. That works quite nicely.
    Surely it should be easy enough to just put 2 flags on the header on the home page, so the user can make this decision himself?
    What is the difficulty? why does it take so long, seems like it is not yet even considered ??

• Peter DomicanPeter Domican commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want to be able to sell in English AND Portuguese. Still can't believe this isn't being looked at.

• YvonneYvonne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What does the Zenfolio team thinks, how this should work at all?

Since I'm in Switzerland, I had to choose "German" in the settings for the visitors view.

But I also have international customers who don't understand German. For them it looks quite strange to handle their galleries without understanding the interface :-(

Zenfolio is such a great thing, so I'm a bit confused how they did not cover such basics. Should be one of the first things IMHO.

But thanks anyways for the great work and have a good start into 2016!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be soo great to have a first page with in my case with a German and a USA Flag and "Welcome, please choose your preferred language" and based on the customers choice he will be forwardet to the Homepage Content in the language the customer choose with same layout for german/english only the language is different.

• BelePhotographyBelePhotography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - content could be in any language the photographer chooses (like about pages, blogs and such) - but the shopping cart and customer proofing in several languages would be awesome.

• Paolo FioriPaolo Fiori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please... we need to have eCommerce in italian. Im available to translate all site for free but please, we really need it!!!

Det ville også være godt hvis man kunne vælge Dansk. Jeg vil gerne hjælpe med at oversætte.

Deberia haber esta opcion de que se pueda escoger el idioma, o que se seleccione automaticamente dependiendo del idioma de donde proceda quien visita la pagina

• PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the client should be able to chose french or English here in Montreal. Iam happy to translate the custom parts. Also, the licenses should follow the language chosen by the client.

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need it. If the hang up is that you don't want to do the translation - create a means for us to provide our own. That would be better than what we have now.

Same Problem exists here in Europe. The new German translation already is quite nice, but would be way more useful if people could choose between a german or english version of the page. I'd love to see that.

• Esther GibbonsEsther Gibbons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also in Canada and about 40% of my clients are French-speaking. It would be so helpful to offer bilingual site options. I don't mind translating the custom texts, menus and site content into French, but I need the option to switch languages to be available to the client.

• Steen Christensen PhotoSteen Christensen Photo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please.

Make it with detection of user locale so french browsers are directed to french pages etc. And then make it possible to choose default language if the browser language is not one of the predefined languages.

Don't forget to make it possible to localize gallery titles and picture descriptions as well.

example gallery "holidays" is "vacances" in french

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base