I would be very interested in ...

"Fit" option for full-screen layouts (home page and galleries)

Add a “fit-to-screen” option to the full-screen layouts for the home page and galleries to prevent photo cropping. When enabled, the photo is displayed as large as possible without cropping.

Additionally, it'd be nice to have the thumbnails bar in these layouts centered rather than left-aligned (with small photo sets where the bar does not cover the entire width of the screen), as well as an auto-advance option.

260 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Rob van HoutRob van Hout shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • D R Stockdale PhotographyD R Stockdale Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have also submitted this to Customer Support for the same obvious reasons everyone else sites. What I am wondering is why couldn't this be implemented in a test environment that could be turned on or off to allow Zenfolio users to beta test and comment before production implementation avoiding all this dismay.

• Dandelion PhotographyDandelion Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've returned to this issue hoping this is in development.. why is this not being worked on?!
    I am probably going to leave Zenfolio for this issue alone.

A photographer's website needs to show photography as intended, not with some random crop!
    Very frustrating.

• Ian M ButterfieldIan M Butterfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential feature - just spent time trying to workout how to do this because it never crossed my mind that this was not possible.

For one of the leading photography hosting services in the world the fact that this fundamental feature is not available is unbelievable.

• Dandelion PhotographyDandelion Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential. I have spent 4 work days trying to get my images to look "right" on my homepage and it's still not right. If you are selling your website to photographers you need to make the photos look their best. That much is obvious.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - please change this in full screen layouts so that each image in a Photo Strip can fit screen size automatically.

• Jason SpannagelJason Spannagel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got my site up and running a few days ago, and am shocked that this isn't a standard feature in zenfolio. It really does need addressed.

Agree! This is mandatory, and it should be easy. Any photo that's tall and narrow in one of these galleries gets fatally mangled, making me look like an idiot. These layouts should not have gone live without this being fixed. This situation is simply a bug, not in the category of a desirable enhancement.

• Look At ThisLook At This commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given how crucial framing and positioning of visual elements in the frame is in creating a photograph and communicating the photographer's creative vision, it is jaw dropping that a photography website thinks it is okay to arbitrarily crop the photographer's photos. The integrity of the photograph, and respect for the intention of the photographer, has to be paramount if the site is seriously to be considered a photographic website.

This feature is absolutely mandatory. It is due to the absence of this feature that I have resorted to not using the "full screen" slideshow.

I honestly can't believe there is not a function on here already to allow this!!! This is totally unacceptable !!!!

• Dan McLindenDan McLinden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support says new updates are just around the corner but they can't guarantee which enhancements will be there, and that priorities are based on votes, so I've added my three and hoping it happens sooner rather than later. For now the only alternative is to choose only wide-screen images with the subject in the middle or stick with layouts other than full-screen.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base