I would be very interested in ...

Official Zenfolio Lightroom Plugin

Zenfolio needs an official Lightroom 4 plugin.

I am seriously reconsidering my loyalty to Zenfolio.

From the beginning, I felt like trusting a third party application with an expensive serial number was a bad idea. But just recently I bought Lightroom 4 and upon trying to re-enable my zenfolio plugin, the plugin gives me some bull **** error code stating that the $150 I paid adobe is invalid.

I just want to express that until this is fixed, I am seriously considering shutterfly or smugmug.

Thank you

478 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jamie GrayJamie Gray shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  BrianAdminBrian (Admin, Zenfolio) responded  · 

While we do not plan on designing a separate Lightroom plug-in, we have substantially increased the available support for Jeffrey Friedl’s plug-in and a implemented a better communication with him to quickly resolve issues as they arise.

43 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Camner Family PhotosCamner Family Photos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I appreciate the commitment to increase communication with Friedl to support his plugin, there is no evidence for this yet. There is an outstanding issue with uploading videos that has been going on for several months. When I wrote into Zenfolio, the response was "We don't support this plugin...we advise you contact the plugin author." Hopefully this attitude will change.

• intrnstintrnst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost five hundred votes and not a blink of an eye. Very zen of you, ZenMaster.

• gogo-on-tour.degogo-on-tour.de commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well what should I say... you totally lost it! Thank good I moved to SmugMug and it seems I will never comming back. for all professionals working with adobe this is a bankrup statement. wish you well but unfortunately it will not last long

• paulvanosspaulvanoss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What an ugly way to empty your dustbin...

Jeffrey's plug ins are the only things that keeps me working with old Lightroom.
    He is doing the things you should have done yourself.

• La Vie en PhotosLa Vie en Photos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's unfortunate. I've given up on Friedl's plugin and am using the web interface exclusively, since it's impractical to keep updating the plugin whenever Adobe updates LR and it fails much of the time. It's a vastly inferior experience to what I had at SmugMug even when it works properly.

• Jaleel KingJaleel King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thread is now nearly 4yrs old and NOTHING has changed. I've long left this platform and this is one of the primary reasons.

If Zenfolio really wanted to make this they would've have years ago.

• Paul VerbanickPaul Verbanick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't publish as much as I would like but I always look foward to it with dread because the plugin does not work and it a whole riga marole to get an up dated version and so on. So just did a wedding ready to up load and what do you know jefferys plug in will not work... Very frustrating guys...

• Nick Gunn PhotographyNick Gunn Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have asked again today to see if there is any way that a 1st Party Plug in can be made available, Smug mug have hag 2 way sync for at least 3 years and it really is effective. I have to seriously think about my next renewal. Its a deal breaker.

• T. MartinsT. Martins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zenfolio has great potential to lead this market, but is losing the opportunity.
    Company interest can not overcome customers needs, otherwise, we gone move to other places, or wait for some new option to come up.
    It looks like people at Zenfolio are in vacation. A lot of features are missing that could revolutionize the product. But as it is, it will have a short life in the community besides giving others the opportunity to launch their products under take market share from Zenfolio. We are not here because of promotional offers from Zenfolio partners. We are here to publish and sell, and have a good ADMINISTRATION AND CONTROL over our images, Nothing more! So please start working on enhancing and providing flexibility and better control to your clients. Zenfolio wont regret going on this way.

Thank you

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After a few years on the suggestion/features list ans still no Official Lightroom Plugin.

What is the reasoning for no plugin Zenfolio?

Is Zenfolio in fact listening?

Come on guys. Lightroom is now on version CC now. That's the third update since this question was asked. Will we ever see a direct upload from Lightroom. Smugmug have had this for years ???

Any response would be much appreciated

• intrnstintrnst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"I too find it perplexing that Zenfolio does not have an "official supported" upload for Lightroom. As a previous Aperture user, one of the features that I took for granted was the upload to Zenfolio. Aperture is no longer interested in the professional photographer and I, like many have moved to Lightroom. Zenfolio, the industry is passing you by, don't force your loyal users to move on because you are not supporting the needs of the professionals that utilize your product and services. " JWB

Hear, hear.

• JWBJWB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too find it perplexing that Zenfolio does not have an "official supported" upload for Lightroom. As a previous Aperture user, one of the features that I took for granted was the upload to Zenfolio. Aperture is no longer interested in the professional photographer and I, like many have moved to Lightroom. Zenfolio, the industry is passing you by, don't force your loyal users to move on because you are not supporting the needs of the professionals that utilize your product and services.

failure to seamlessly link with Lightroom is commercial madness given the audience size using this software, please rectify as soon as possible. A successful Zenfolio benefits us all and without this you are behind the curve being set by your competition. Time is money and failure to have a seamless workflow costs the photographer time and will erode loyalties to Zenfolio

• Sam bendallSam bendall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I made the move over to Lightroom and I love the program for my workflow over aperture. My biggest issue now is that, unlike aperture, there is no clean and easy way to export my images to a gallery in zenfoilo. The aperture to zenfolio was simple and perfect. Please create one that does the same for Lightroom.

• gcukurovagcukurova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think the issue is with Jeff or John or Tim... Zenfolio, making all that money from memberships, print order commissions etc. STILL can't offer a "seamless" experience to the people who make them the money?
    I prefer Zen's user interface over Smug (I know some will agree and some will disagree but that's a personal opinion and choice) but with SmugMug plug in, saved a lot of time.
    Now having had all that hair pulling, errors in the middle of upload, wasting my MF time for first exporting than uploading...
    you've gotta be kiddin' me!
    Get on your game #Zenfolio or become another Yahoo by falling behind.
    peace!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base