I would be very interested in ...

Guest Uploading Lets Your Fans Join the Fun

Guest Uploading To Your Galleries From Events & Weddings

Being able to upload guest photos to your galleries alows the bride an groom or attendies to see a different more candid view, plus it will add to print sales for you asyour clients might want to print a photo that a guest took. We all know that guest sometimes have more fun when someone they know takes the photo of them.

Please read article below

SMUG MUG DOES IT WHY CAN"T ZENFOLIO GET ON IT

http://news.smugmug.com/2012/05/07/new-guest-uploading-lets-your-fans-join-the-fun/

307 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brandon Vaccaro PhotographyBrandon Vaccaro Photography shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cornwell PhotographyCornwell Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wedpics.com offers the service as something extra that couples can tell their friends to do via an app. That mechanism then offers prints for sale at a discount at regular intervals (eg. on their anniversary, at Valentines, at Christmas).

By uploading to wedpics you grant a license to Wedpics for them to do prints. It ought to be similarly simple to do the same with Zenfolio.

• TerryMercer.comTerryMercer.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously? People that consider themselves 'professional' photographer's really need to step back and consider the very real legal challenges in this. Especially if the uploader hasn't signed any type of release of their copyrights to the photog that 'owns' (controls) the page they are uploading to.

Most pro's want to be 'in control' of the images that represent THEIR WORK... their copyright... their ability to make money, and protect copyrights. Allowing these type of uploads, without rating, editing, or honest control.

Over the last 40 years, I've not any photographers that really 'make a living' that welcome, encourage, or support cellphones, point & shoots, or even other pro-cameras at the events they are being paid to shoot. Mostly because those 'other people' (snapographers, usually) are often getting in the way. But even more importantly, because it WILL COST THEM MONEY 99% of the time. Why should the client pay the professional photog for xxx images, when they are given hundreds to thousands of free images?

Without a copyright release, and the time to wade though the images - you're really hanging your rear out legally, and your reputation out ethically. What happens when that snapographer captures that 1 in 1,000 image that just happens to be liked better than yours?

What happens when the client sees all those 'other' images on your site - under your website domain name, then ends up spending time wading through all those other images... rather than figuring our which of your images (that you own 100%) to purchase? What happens when that client finds a third party image on your site, that they want blown up huge... and it just wasn't taken with a good enough camera to begin with?!?!

Seriously... those pushing for this 'feature' - WHY? Are you that lazy? Are you really a 'photographer'?? If you want more images, hire a second shooter... CONTROL THE IMAGES ON YOUR PAGE!

Without the 'release' - this is a lawsuit waiting to happen!

• C2C2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would great for there to be an option for clients to be able to add photos to a gallery. In the case of wedding albums and reunion photos, we often have some older photos that we need to complete their book or album. This would create a much smoother client experience as they could go to one location to effect all of their photo needs. A great option for both those who are a bit shy of the web and uploading to an ftp, and those who are experienced and would be comfortable with an uploader.

• esp1000esp1000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the number one request from clients. They want to buy my products and love the idea of being able to upload to my Zen site. You say that you have been doing this already with apparent success. I was wondering if you might share with me the process I need to go through to implement . Broke Vietnam Veteran...

• photoguy92849photoguy92849 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

loren, i'm not jeffrey friedl but we already implemented guest uploading among other custom items for our Zenfolio account. actually several of the top requests here, i have in a custom app. if people wanted, maybe i'd make it available for others.. do a kickstarter or something to gauge interest. we've got the guest uploading, custom html emails, sort galleries by visitors.

and it's all automated - custom emails are sent to client upon upload to set up their own password. custom expirations. auto-delete gallery upon expiration or dis-use for specified period. custom renewal emails. download client list with direct links for upload to 3rd party email marketing app...

• Thom RemingtonThom Remington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wedding coming up. Would like to invite guests to add their photos to share. The simplest way would be for me to be able to establish a "catch" folder to which guests could e-mail photos as attachments.

The catch folder should be isolated from the rest of my photos and not available to public view, enabling me to pick the photos that would be shared. This would allow me to eliminate anything inappropriate.

• bbbb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im thinking about canceling my ZF account and going to SmugMug for this feature.

• Melanie AbneyMelanie Abney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very much needed. It would cut my workflow by a lot to have the ability for the final files on my commercial work to be uploaded by the companies for whom I do work. The first edited image is a drastic change from a final digital billboard. I would love to have a gallery that others could send the final to for showcasing on my site!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be an extension of the collaborative shooter script.
    Client:
    1. Register on website.
    2. Request upload gallery. (as opposed to just buying site owner's photos.)
    Site owner:
    1. Client verified and approved for upload. (Gallery created and password protected.)(Gallery allowed as public or private. ie. everyone can see or just client can see.)
    Client:
    1. Upload photos.
    2. Selects products.
    3. Pays through website.

As a small town photographer, I get asked many times to print others photographs. This way client can upload their own and I don't have to wait to get a pen drive, then upload, notify the client, and then wait for the client to check out.

YES!

Giving customers the ability to upload their own images using a 'drag-and-drop' tool for single images or multiple files all at once would be very beneficial. Many people have more photos than they know what to do with (or have time to do anything with). If they upload them to us we can turn their photos into custom product sales.

If we sell a custom product to an existing photography client, they will show their friends, who will then have the ability to order this same product with their own favourite photos. This would then showcase our website and photography because they would need to visit our site to upload their images and place their order!

This would be an amazing feature.

I'm looking at it a different way. I'm in a photo club and want to use an album on my site to let multiple photographers upload and download from the album. The thought is that I want us all to post an original photo and the others can download and manipulate it and upload again. Gives us different folks' perspectives on how to edit, crop, adjust or manipulate our work and shows us ways to create outside of our normal box that we work in. So to have an open album (only the one) that others can upload to would help. i know there are other options out...Picasaweb being one... but I'd love to show them all Zenfolio...

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base