I would be very interested in ...

Support for Apple's Retina displays.

Now that the displays aren't just on iPads and iPhones but on the Macs too. Websites that support this (HiDPI mode) look far better, and photo sites should be first.

428 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Richard Seldomridge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

101 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hilary Cam Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is going on! What is the ETA for this most basic of features to be implemented. This request dates back to mid 2012 - what a farce Zenfolio has become.

• Tucker Images commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully in agreement that the current max image size allowance is from bygone years. Bring on an original size option

• M E N D I S | Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have Subha and Nadav seen this thread yet? I cannot believe they would ignore this *CRITICAL* capability of a modern photography site for so long.

• M E N D I S | Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WTH Zenfolio? Why is this taking so long?

Retina displays are now standard displays. You are no longer missing a feature, you are now archaic. The low resolution rendering alone should disqualify you as a viable option for *any* online photography site.

This should be your #1 priority in 2018. If this isn't fixed this quarter, I'm canceling my subscription.

- A (formerly) loyal customer since 2009 (yes, almost a decade)

• Joe Schmitt Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this issue went from Under Review to Planned...and here we are 2 months since the last admin update and there is still no timeframe on this MUCH needed upgrade. My decision to move to SmugMug makes more sense each and every day. This is absolutely ridiculous. Zenfolio could learn a few things from SmugMug since they actually listen to their users.

• Allison Usavage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi - I see that this is marked as planned - is there any update on this? I'd love to center my whole workflow around Zenfolio but with bad image rendering on retina displays, I can't bring myself to use Zenfolio for a lot of my client intake workflow and general portfolio display.

• Mark Jordan Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please provide a target implementation date. Given the lack of attention this issue has received, these ambiguous updates every 6 months or so are irritating. This is a service issue...not an enhancement. Having its prioritization dependent upon voting doesn’t make sense.

A ballpark date of implementation should be able to be posted. After 5 long years of asking for this feature, how is it NOT on the To Do list in the very near future??? The lack of information on this from Zenfolio is horrible. For the amount of money paid for this service, not having Retina support is a complete failure. I’m wondering how many others are leaving Zenfolio for another service that does offer this support.

Zenfolio...take a look at a company called Sprout Studio. They are the perfect example of a company who listens to their users, discusses better ways to do things, keeps their users informed of upcoming projects and completion dates, and actually implements those projects...and does so successfully. They are the best company I’ve ever seen do this.

• Claude Badet Photographie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ZenAdmin :
    Date of implementation please? As a paying customer when something is planned and asked for for so long you have to provide THE DATE it will be implemented. Or is Zenfolio trying to patch a sinking vessel?

• David Portass Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hope one of the reasons this is taking so long is that you are also updating the watermarking system too.

I know not everyone is a fan of watermarks and I hate big watermarks but with the current system you have it is near impossible to get a nice clear and sharp text watermark or graphic in the corner of the photo (if anyone has found a good way please let me know).

Smug Mugs implementation, while not as good as you can do in Lightroom (or other prefered client based photo processing tool), is still better for creating smaller and sharper watermarks on the photos when they are displayed by the site at any resolution.

• eXcipioMedia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we have some timescales please. Im assuming you must have a project manager and since it’s been 5 years since the request you have a plan in place ? Even if it’s a rough date we, your paying customers, would like to have some expectation please.

Christian...they increased their prices for that awesome new images download capability that is being released this week! You know, the one SmugMug has had literally for about 10 year now. *rolls eyes*

Major sarcasm there. I just left Zenfolio for SmugMug. And now that I’m back with SmugMug, I realize what a JOKE Zenfolio is. Five years of requesting high PPI support and no response from the company. Ridiculous.

• Christian Reger Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I finally left Zenfolio. Mainly because of this resolution issue.
    Recently they increased their prices without any new big benefit for their customers.
    I'm giving Squarespace a try. Seems to be a better alternative for me.
    @Zenfolio Team: thank you for not listening to your paying customers, good riddance with that behavior for the future.

• Jorge Dardon P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THe argument for photo protection is valid, but should be left to be finally decided by the author. Higher resolution display options should be available for the author to decide. After all it's his work isn't it?

Absolutely ridiculous. I have already left Zenfolio to go back to SmugMug and didn’t even finish my first year with Zenfolio. Couldn’t be happier right now. Had I known about this issue and the company’s lack of response for FIVE YEARS, they would have never gotten my business. I now make it a point to advise anyone I can about this massive shortfall with Zenfolio. And even after all of these recent comments here, they’re STILL silent on the issue. Run, don’t walk, away from Zenfolio and move on to another platform.

• Jorge Garcia Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking through this thread I don't see an explanation on why this hasn't been implemented.
    I'm giving this a month max! I don't mind paying Pixieset the extra dollars for quality previews of my work!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base