I would be very interested in ...

Support for Apple's Retina displays.

Now that the displays aren't just on iPads and iPhones but on the Macs too. Websites that support this (HiDPI mode) look far better, and photo sites should be first.

420 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Richard SeldomridgeRichard Seldomridge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

75 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Guillaume Demeyere FotografieGuillaume Demeyere Fotografie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea of a target date already? This should really not take this long.

I am seriously considering going back to smugmug sooner rather than later... I loved the backend of zenfolio, but a photographer's website should, well, display pictures at high quality.

I shot a session of portraits, made sure they are tack sharp, and now they look like shit, how to expect clients to order this?
    More than half of my cliënts in this session use retina, 4K or other highres displays (surface book, surface pro, ...). I already had to explain about 10 times last week why the pictures looked like this:
    https://snag.gy/QMuZ5a.jpg

• David Portass PhotographyDavid Portass Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Scott Smith - I've asked them this directly at The Photography Show last year and suggested they need to improve the watermarking feature at the same time to be either like how lightroom does it or maybe SmugMug which isn't perfect but accepts larger transparent images which makes the text on fine signature style watermarks sharper and less blocky

• Shawn LieblingShawn Liebling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have decided to cancel my subscription because of this issue. I like Zenfolio, but image quality is very important to me, and the number of people with hi-res/retina displays is increasing daily.

• Hilary Cam PhotographyHilary Cam Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I seriously doubt if they intend to implement this, I have had so many clients notice this resolution issue that it is a point of embarrassment when showing a client their gallery. I have to explain why it is not my fault and I am powerless to fix it. Time to research alternatives.

• dehan davis photographydehan davis photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more frustrated customer looking for a solution ASAP. My images look horrible once uploaded. That's not acceptable. Please get us a solution immediately.

• Eric CataniaEric Catania commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to hear this is planned. Please make it a priority!

Customers on iPhones, Macs, new-ish Dell and Surface laptops, and many others are interpreting photos as "blurry".

I'm not a programmer, but my understanding is that if you add on an XXX-Large maximum allowed image size, and double the resolution of the XX-large for a new size of 3100x1920, you'll have enough resolution for HiDPI (Retina).

Thanks.

• Hilary Cam PhotographyHilary Cam Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planned as of June 20th, 2016... and still nothing to show for it, as we head into December. As a complete novice at web design, I myself was able to implement HiDPI (or 'Retina' compatible) images on my own website after an hour or so of research - this was over 3 years ago! I cannot stress how critical this update is, I have customers who think all the images are blurry because Zenfolio has not kept up with the simple web standards now used modern HiDPI devices. It is almost 2017 - GET IT DONE! STOP TRYING TO NICKLE AND DIME ON BANDWIDTH.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an implementation date targeted? I've been a Zen customer for years and overall enjoy the features, but this issue is really starting to wear on me. Especially when I visit Smug Mug portfolios where the difference is very apparent. Please help!!

• Aga TomaszekAga Tomaszek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What Alex said! It's been four and a half (FOUR AND A HALF?!) years since this thread was created, how long/how many votes does it take to make images display *properly* on all devices? It's such a downer seeing my collections on both iMac and macbook pro.

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is bugging me. I really hate the way my zen gallery images look on my retina display. Please can we sort it out soon?

• ShazbotShazbot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

retina resolution.... oh dear god what are you people smoking.
    Update your shit to support 4k... forget that low resolution apple cRetina resolution.... a resolution completely made up by some knob at apple who wanted to boost his ego, by creating a non standard resolution, which also happened to be LOWER than the already standard 1440p...

But since you apple hoes need edumificating...

1920*1080
    1440*2560
    3840*2160

Them ^^^ be resolutions... if you think I'm lieing go wiki it,
    "Retina" is meaningless crApple talk spoken by cretins.

• David Portass PhotographyDavid Portass Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Holy cow, it's gone from under review to planned!!

This is fantastic news but please consider improving the watermark feature as well as per https://zenfolio.uservoice.com/forums/75695-feature-suggestions/suggestions/2487270-the-ability-to-scale-uploaded-graphic-watermarks

I fear if you don't change the watermark feature to a lightroom style percentage of image letting us upload a hi-res watermark then the automatically sized watermarks which for the largest size selectable at the moment which already scale up will look even worse

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base