I would be very interested in ...

Subscribe to blog by email

Users should be able to subscribe to blog via email - not only RSS

290 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
GEOphoto.NOGEOphoto.NO shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Clouds Rest PhotographyClouds Rest Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's absurd that this simple feature has almost 300 votes and no response FOR FIVE YEARS!!! RSS is great, but people don't use it much. It's really better to have a 1st time visitor's pop up offering the ability to subscribe to a blog or for discounts; or at least the ability to make collect this info on a page. THIS IS HOW PEOPLE BUILD CLIENTELE! It's a lot tougher to get people to "register" because most people don't want to make yet another password. Also, the registration webpage is extremely boring and cannot be customized. WTF Zenfolio?

• bigfootmmbigfootmm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Welcome to Zenfolio, Kristina, the land of craziness. This will not be your only taste of it, unfortunately. The operators of the site are deaf to our pleas and the years go by until you have lost all hope that they care one whit that deaf people should not be running this show.

• kristinakristina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems crazy to me that this is not a feature. I just moved my website over to zenfolio. This is a huge disappointment.

• Kieran GreenKieran Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great - i get feedback a lot saying "Want to subscribe to your blog; but, what's RSS?" Email subscription is required. This was raised in 2012 too i think

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this feature, any blogging platform is useless. The point of a blog is to grow readership and community. Let's get this sorted out Zen.

• T & L PhotosT & L Photos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I moved my blog from WordPress to my Zenfolio site. I currently have 774 followers on WP and many have asked for follow by email on the Zenfolio blog. A lot of blog followers would really appreciate a "Subscribe by Email" feature that is basic to most blogs.

• Marc perlishMarc perlish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Visitors can sign up to receive email notification when posts are added to blog. This feature is an essential component for marketing. I'm surprised that it does not exist, given all the other updates. The lack of it going forward may be reason to look elsewhere for a host.

• Alexandra GiamancoAlexandra Giamanco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we please have a form that visitors can use to subscribe to our blogs? So, they get a notification email when a new post is available? Matt Kloskowski has this on his blog and I find it very convenient. If you scroll all the way down, you'll see it there:
    http://www.mattk.com/

The RSS is outdated.

Thanks.

• MasinterMasinter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have this .... Seems like a very basic feature for any blog today .
    It would be great to have a "Subscribe button " that dynamically appears when a client visits the blog page.

• VladytaVladyta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have no clue what RSS is. Subscribe via email would be extremely helpful and also something that is quite basic in this day and age for any blog sites. I also have to notify people via email about new posts. I hate doing it on FB bc i dont want to spam the feed of many ppl and just piss them off. Subscribe function would ensure only those interested in the blog get notifications.

Come on Zenfolio, get on this. people want this feature! You can do it!!! we have faith in you.

• bigfootmmbigfootmm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good grief, why is this feature absent? RSS is a lousy way to communicate for most folks.

• Tom Carroll PhotographyTom Carroll Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't use the Zenfolio blog functionality nearly as much as I would IF ZENFOLIO IMPLEMENTED "SUBSCRIBE TO BLOG BE EMAIL." The CONSPICUOUS ABSENCE of this functionally costs me money --- I don't sell as many photos as I would otherwise --- AND IT COSTS ZENFOLIO MONEY because of my missed sales! I can't get my photos on the street nearly as effectively without this long-requsted functionality. When can I expect to see said functionality? THIS IS CRITICAL!!!

• Tom Carroll PhotographyTom Carroll Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the irrelevant information on Emailmeform and Jotform to implement "subscribe to blog by email" functionality. I'm a photographer; I'm not an assembly-level coder. Consequently, I'm not able to implement my required functionality on Zenfolio. Zenfolio should implement said functionality that has been requested by a large number of Zenfolio clients over PAST YEARS! When can I expect to see the very-long-requested blog client email functionality that is CONSPICUOUSLY ABSENT from the Zenfolio web site?

Warmest Regards,

Tom Carroll

• SeeOneSoul PhotographySeeOneSoul Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

damned, I'm still out of votes AND I already commented sometime back in 2013. I want this feature so bad, you have no idea!! Please please please can this go under review sooooon!!!

• Ted NTed N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. No one is picking up RSS in my cohort. Email is still the de facto way to communicate. Please add "subscribe to blog by email"

• Lil' Red Spider GalleryLil' Red Spider Gallery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. I don't use RSS myself and don't know anyone that does! Let folks subscribe and receive an email when I have new photos and introduce them on the blog. This would make all the difference...

• Burnham Graphic ArtsBurnham Graphic Arts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be invaluable. I don't want to have to maintain a completely separate site where people subscribe. RIght now, I'm limited to posting on the timeline of Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. I don't want to mass email my customers since I know not all of them want to see the Blog and there is no place for them to opt in or out. Even so, they should not have to create an account in order to get a Blog post.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base