I would be very interested in ...

COMMISSION for friends who refer paying customers to people's own site

I would like to be able to offer friends and people in general a commission taken from the profit (as a percentage). Many would like to keep the fact that they used Zenfolio to create their site secret because that would reveal all their profit margins quite easily. Instead, offer a commission service, using a referral code, that can simply work without revealing that each user's site is a Zenfolio site. After all, it is likely to lead to more print orders, thus more commission for Zenfolio too. Come on people! PUSH THIS ONE FORWARD!!!!

211 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Thomas ZavrosThomas Zavros shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Roatan PhotographyRoatan Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to have a way to track referrals. Currently I'm doing this with coupon codes to know who referred a sale, and although it does allow me to see sales completed it's clunky and would be a real pain if I had more than a few codes to track.

• OLD 81 STUDIOSOLD 81 STUDIOS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be nice. People would be able to link to our photo or photos and try to sell them so they can make a % from the sale.

• Adi ChiruAdi Chiru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is REALLY, REALLY important. Most of the customers in photography (pretty much all types of photography) comes from referrals, or current/previous customers happy with your work and recommend you to other.

If we could also give them a commission we will have more returning customers which makes for stable income with is extremely important and beneficial!

• Kim WilsonKim Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this feature now! Currently, working out a commission deal with someone and that would make life really easy.

• dougbergerdougberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like it would be an easy spin-off from the "coupon" feature, where the customer enters the "salesperson/referral" code during checkout, the system recognized it is a commissioned sale, and bingo.

• Beautiful World Art PrintsBeautiful World Art Prints commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting back to the affiliate idea, I started looking to see if there was any way to implement this without Zenfolio's involvement. For a brief moment as I was reading this page:

http://www.shareasale.com/merchantfaq.cfm#9

I had some hope but hit this bit of explanation and it became unlikely:

"We give you a small piece of HTML code to put on the "Action" page of your website."

Still, it would rock if Zenfolio teamed up with someone like ShareaSale or another affiliate and let us each choose to opt in at what percent/etc.

• Scott KennellyScott Kennelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good marketing tool, and would essentially be an affiliate program for each member. I think this might be a very extensive advancement, and I suggest that this feature be added too. Afterall, it is all about selling, right. What better way to sell more than by promoting a photographer's photos/site more, the way an affiliate program allows? Zenfolio has an affiliate program. Why not add such a feature for customers? (It doesn't have to be as extensive as a CJ affiliate program.)

• Simon PettitSimon Pettit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a very good idea, and if implemented properly, could be a win-win for both the users and Zenfolio.

• Alexis ZavrosAlexis Zavros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to offer friends and people in general a commission taken from the profit (as a percentage).

Feedback and Knowledge Base