I would be very interested in ...

Send email from my domain

It would be far better to have emails sent from my domain than "Zenfolio [noreply@zenfoliomail.com]; on behalf of; CCG Creative Studios, LLC [sales@ccgcreativestudios.com]". This is simply not a very attractive presentation to the client. You've done a very nice job removing branding in most places for the Premium account, but this is a weak spot.

If Google Mail can figure out how to send email through my SMTP server by letting me set up credentials in the proper way, then surely the smart people at Zenfolio can find a way to do the same thing.

1,512 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CCG Creative StudiosCCG Creative Studios shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • aefewsaefews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just short of 5 years and 1500 votes later.... This moves to an "under review" flag. Glad to see Zenfolio is staying on top of things that matter to us.

• photoguy92849photoguy92849 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so we've been doing this for a year already actually. Zenfolio offers the API to accomplish most things mentioned here. our system actually allows customer uploads of their own photos to Zenfolio, sends automatic emails from our account when a gallery is created for a customer asking them to setup a password (or to delete if they don't need it), and notifies them when it's about to expire. if customers don't use their galleries, it not only expires but gets automatically deleted to clear out the clutter. those emails by the way are fully customizable with HTML via Mandrill. i can even download a list of clients along with Zenfolio links so i can use 3rd party email marketing with direct links to their galleries.

actually if there were enough people here interested i'll look into offering for others as well.

• Rory McLean PhotographyRory McLean Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just short of 5 years and 1500 votes later.... This moves to an "under review" flag. Glad to see Zenfolio is staying on top of things that matter to us.

• TerryMercer.comTerryMercer.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't speak for all levels of Zen accounts, or all types of messages, but at least for the Pro Business account, the ORDER EMAIL appears to be working correctly.

• Mark Frohna PhotographyMark Frohna Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until yesterday, I thought all communications were sent from my email domain. A customer forwarded an email to me that indicated otherwise, and I was quite displeased.

The Pro account(s) with 'branding' options, should have ALL PRIVATE & PERSONAL (non-zen) branding. ALL! Not some, not most, but ALL! After all, that is what one of the reasons (and promised options) that get people to step up to the upper level accounts... YOUR OWN BRANDING! (EVERYWHERE)

@Tanya Owens... either you haven't been on Zenfolio long (or really tested much in it)... or you clearly don't understand THE POINT & PROBLEM!

Having one's 'own email' on one's OWN DOMAIN... is, of course, NOT THE PROBLEM... it IS A PROBLEM for the two top level zen account holder's that do have their own domain... and their own email... that ZENFOLIO DOES NOT HONOR OR USE THAT TOP LEVEL ACCOUNT HOLDER'S OWN DOMAIN for the 'address' or return - but rather (as shown in the original post) the ZENFOLIO NAME & 'noreply@zenfolio.com'...

And if you are 'doing business with' Zenfolio... AND have a STORE on zen... then you ARE DOING EXACTLY what you say you wouldn't do! Notice, the original post was February 2011... and TODAY IT IS STILL BROKEN AND NOT WORKING CORRECTLY! And have customer's calling with confusion (and frustration) a few times a month!

UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM DEFINED... your suggestion is ignorant of the actual problem, and totally miss the point about 'sales@ccgrativestudios.com' (obviously, his own domain, own email... but download & receipt requests, login password requests, and a few other things are STILL BRANDED ZENFOLIO (in care off, or on behalf of the top level zen account holder). Another words, all that claim of PRIVATE BRANDING FOR YOUR OWN DOMAIN STUFF... is hog wash, and doesn't completely exist on or with Zen... at this time!

• Tanya OwensTanya Owens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I already have an eMail account through my domain. I set up a Microsoft Exchange online account so that I can access my eMail on any device at anytime. I recommend that you do the same for your domain. I don't do business with any company that doesn't have a domain eMail account.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

basically, you need to pay them £100 extra to use your own name, surely Zenfolio have got this so mistaken, isn't this going to cost them more ?? I see where the problem lies, but dosent it make sense that it drives our customers to their site ? I know you have the branding removed however surely there can be a fair exchange for advertising for both parties ?? i.e., a footnote that says this site is powered by Zenfolio ? I suppose this is their biggest money maker and people obviously do pay for it. Running a business I know its about profit, but even if they reduced the £100 a lot Im sure they would make more money !! Hmmm, frustrate now as this was one feature that I was looking forward to, sending out email marketing campaigns :(

I was going to upgrade, but his puts me off big time, you want your customers to know its from you, not some spam and stuff like "vista print " constantly do.

• Nathan CarrollNathan Carroll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do all you have the email purchased through your domain provider? Just curious because that's technically how you do it or you just hoping that zenfolio will provide it? I'd hope that because that's why I haven't got mine yet. Too much money when I don't need 5gb of space or anything. I'd set up forwarding/proxy to my Gmail.

This is the only reason I have not shifted to my own domain bpname. No real benefit.

People (photogs) upgrade to the business accounts because THEY ARE IN BUSINESS (or trying to build one)... and they have their own domain for BRANDING... and to give easy consistency to their clients... and use the CNAME link to allow THEIR DOMAIN NAME to appear when a client enters THEIR Zenfolio account... therefore 'hiding' the zenfolio branding, and promoting THEIR BRAND.

To have ANY email appear with the zenfolio.com account name going to a client IS UNPROFESSIONAL, counter productive, and sloppy at best. And frankly, it completely defeats the purpose of having our own domain name... our own branding.

THINK ABOUT IT... and please actually do something about it, especially for those of use USING THE CNAME feature. If nothing else, it gives your hobbyists and amateur users a reason to upgrade to a business account.

• CCG Creative StudiosCCG Creative Studios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Terry Mercer, I couldn't agree more. I don't quite understand what the delay is. This should be very easy for the technical experts at Zenfolio to do.

• CCG Creative StudiosCCG Creative Studios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Christopher Steven B., as noted in an earlier reply, this crops up as an issue on emails sent to our clients. See the screen shot that I posted on Jan 28, 2014 showing that an order email (I ordered from my cart to capture this so that I'm basically "impersonating" a client) does present this issue.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base