I would be very interested in ...

Full Facebook integration

Try creating a more full facebook integration, not only "like buttons" but also on the login system, for commenting ordering etc.

252 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Patrick HvidPatrick Hvid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • The Miller Family AdventuresThe Miller Family Adventures commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Facebook is a very important channel to share photos and better integration is critical. Any chance there will be movement on this feature? If other sites have this functionality, cant code be modified to Zen site? Seems like this should be an easy win, especially if code doesn't need to be developed from scratch.

Also, what has happened to Zen, I have not seen as many feature/functionality updates lately. I enjoy the site very much and find it very easy to use, but might have to start looking elsewhere for sites..

• KuvammeKuvamme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"William Drew Photography commented · March 01, 2014 21:47 · Flag as inappropriate
    to whoever posted this, this idea has already been submitted, but needs more votes. Check out what was posted here and possibly change your vote to this one so it moves up the ladder?"

- What's the point. They seem not to read them, bother about them or implement them. Look at the farce with the multilingual site "development", the delays and everything else. I feel this "customer feedback" stuff is a sham, something to make us feel "engaged" but the last year or so has seen a 180 degree shift from hero to zero for me.

I fear for Zenfolio's future. It just needs a competitor to make it "very easy" to move over and I suspect many will jump like a shot.

I've for one been very patient. The ongoing poor comms, dire roadmap, 1990s-style feature set and the recent stupid attempt at multilingual development has been the final straw for me. I wish I had not let my subscription renew last month, so I have 11 months to get my act in order and move somewhere.

• Laine Torres Photography, LLCLaine Torres Photography, LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We NEED people to comment on blog posts with their Facebook profile, which posts to Facebook for others to see and bring in more visitors.

I CANNOT believe this is still NOT in the making. Without this feature, Zenfolio is lightyears behind Wordpress...

Is there a ouji board to wake up the developers. Posting images to Facebook with the export tool still stinks. No captions or information. Looks more like a bad spam attempt than audience integration.

• OLD 81 STUDIOSOLD 81 STUDIOS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, client login via Facebook.

Also, when exporting photos/galleries to Facebook, there should be more options AND these photos should be resized to fit current Facebook pixel width (in order for our photos to be sharper and not blurred by FB compression).

I currently do not use the export feature because every photo I post to Facebook gets my special treatment to help keep them sharp and crisp - and that make all the difference in the world.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love to see a Facebook integration to be able to display and sell photos through facebook

• Daissy Torres PhotographyDaissy Torres Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. Facebook and their Like Box is needed. Currently you are measured by how many fans you have. Even when I get 200 visitors, unless visitors can see right there the Facebook Like Box, they will not hit it.

Please add this!

• Blue Ridge Expressions by Pat ShraderBlue Ridge Expressions by Pat Shrader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing discussions to be followed by Facebook (&Twitter) users is critical. FB is the commenting engine of blogs now, not internal links -- I want friends of friends to see moderated activity on my blogs and photos!

• Andrew SibleAndrew Sible commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if I could get my photos thumbnailed well on facebook efficiently and keep my protection rights (not posting directly ON their site) AND let users purchase photos I'd be ahead of the game. great idea.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes login using Facebook would be great. Most websites of any more offer this functionality

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with John Bailon, this option opens invaluable marketing avenues for use as zen clients. I would also like to see something done with facebook advertising and integration of the blog and our facebook pages

• Baicapture GalleryBaicapture Gallery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, possibly "tagging" photos on Zenfolio via Facebook. May not be possible to use Facebook's native "tag" feature, but if a notification appears, then that would be great viral marketing for us.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base