I would be very interested in ...

Add photos/graphics/attachments to email communications.

I love being able to have people enter their email to see photos so I can alert them to event sales, expirations and other sales generating correspondence. However, compared to services like Constant Contacts, ZF is just plain text...hardly appropriate in a photo driven business. Please add graphic and jpeg support. It will only put more money in your pockets when we sell more!

206 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
J. Papa Photography shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously Zenfolio. This has to be one of the simplest things to allow your customers to do. This shouldn't even be something we have to vote on. What photographer or business sends out an email without an image attached, especially photographers? This one is a mind blowing omission to your offering.

Seriously, how do long we have to wait for such a simple feature to be implemented ???

This is 2016 and it still hasn't been implemented??? People need to vote for this to get Zenfolio's attention. Otherwise, they are clueless. What photographer doesn't routinely embed an image when promoting an event, opportunity, or themselves? Without this option, Z-emails are simply plain and boring, i.e. useless to me.

• Darren White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think ti would be a good idea if we, the photographers, could add images into our emails we send out to clients from those who hold accounts at our sites... I also think it would be good if we could simply upload images into our blogs without having to have them in our galleries..

• Barbara Leatham Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This goes back to 2011 and still hasn't been implemented, I'm frustrated that I can't add images to an email. I have to use Mailchimp, or send direct messages. If Zenfolio could sort this out I would use the emailing option far more often.
    Come on programers, put the Zen back into our world and make it work for us

• John Chalcraft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to attach a Photo to promotional mass mailings (Christmas Greetings etc), or to any other email must surely be one of the most important aspects of communication in the modern business world, surely it's about time that Zenfolio embraced this aspect of the communication revolution. In terms of importance to our photographic businesses it must rate more highly than the recent revamp of the Zenfolio site which I personally believe offers few beneficial features and is not as user friendly as the previous one.

• photoguy92849 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey all - let me know if you're interested in this and if you'd pay for such an app. We recently hired a developer to enable exporting details of all groups (client name, email, group URL etc) to then be imported into the email marketing service of my choice (currently using GetResponse). This way, I could send customized mass emails with sale announcements along with a client's unique link. For example:

Dear [Name],

It's holiday time and we're having a huge sale... Check out your photos at [Link] and order away!

The name and link will be loaded from a database which is updated every time a new group is uploaded to Zenfolio. Additionally clients will be able to create their own password their first time and modify or request deletion of their photos.

• photoguy92849 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

alternatively, i'd like if they simply provide a customizable CSV download containing client email, group/gallery thumbnail, group name, group link as columns so that we could use our existing email marketing service. ZF is never going to be able to match Mailchimp or Getresponse in email marketing. It's not their core strength. They should just give us the necessary information in download form for us to reach out to our customers using a 3rd party. Or perhaps offer some way to export directly to MailChimp or GetResponse.

http://zenfolio.uservoice.com/forums/75695-feature-suggestions/suggestions/4903133-enable-csv-download-with-group-gallery-name-share

• { spotNphoto } commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what is this crazy talk ?? images and photographs on an e-mail from a photography business ?? it must take Years to implement such a crazy thing like that !! I am sure that Zenfolio will get to it by 2015 .

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base