I would be very interested in ...

Improved Visitor stats

Currently the most popular Photos / Galleries leaves a lot to be desired. At the very least make it the top 10 most popular photos - but preferably have the chance to drill down on a per gallery basis. I know Google Analytics exists - but I'm not sure why we should need to sign up to an additional external account to find out info on our shots.

972 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jedusijedusi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Desmond CarterDesmond Carter shared a merged idea: Visitor Log/Counter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: having detailed metrics/statistics on site traffic, such as # of visitors per page, region, browser used, etc.  ·   · 

63 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Portass PhotographyDavid Portass Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Tanya Owens - I have connected Google Analytics however I have yet to find somewhere that shows me all the thumbnails in a single gallery with a view count next to each photo. Yes Google Analytics gives a lot of statistics but I want to see them in my group/gallery/photo views on Zenfolio where the figures are in context. They must store these views stats so why don't they display them?

• Lee GohringLee Gohring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a major promotion and tied into my FB with links to my website. FB reported reach of 7,500 and clicks on link to my website gallery of 850. However, when I checked Zen it reported only 35 visits. Checked with Zen and they said that only clicks on a thumbnail counts as a visit. Now I know why over 2 years I only register 2900 visits and my friends using other (Smugmug)are at 12,000 to 15,000. My gallery visits are underreported by a factor of X150. Google and other analytics support this. Analytics show 1,000 unique visitors in a week and Zen shows 45 - I really don't care how many enlarge the thumbnail, I just want to know unique visits to the site. The published stats on Zen that clients can see are embarrassing - it looks like no one is looking at website or the galleries, when I know over 400 are. This needs to be fixed.

• Tanya OwensTanya Owens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I connected my website to Google Analytics. It provides the drill down analytics that you are requesting. I suggest you consider doing the same.

• David Portass PhotographyDavid Portass Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is what I'd like to see

Groups:
        - In tool box a total group/gallery views counter
        - In tool box a total photo views counter
        - In gallery information below each gallery in group a counter for gallery views and photo views for that gallery

Gallery
        - In tool box a total photo views counter
        - In information below each photo show a photo view count

Change the visitors link next to upload/invite in each gallery to list top x popular photos (similar to how flickr presents theirs maybe with a view chart over last 30 days like flickr)

I like Google Analytics to get bread down of visitor traffic and geography but its not overly convenient or visible in showing how many views all the photos in a single gallery have had for example.

• John CoveneyJohn Coveney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know how to see how many visitors there have been to a gallery but I still
        can't see how many there has been to a group? I'd also
        like to be able to get download stats for individual images, galleries, groups
        and collections. Here's Zenfolios' response

"It sounds like an interesting idea and I have forwarded your message to our developers as a possible feature enhancement."

Given that users have been asking for this for since 2010, I'm not holding my breath!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, better visitor stats is a must! In addition, the photo moments app that clients use is not tracked at all, this needs to be added too!

Just to add that the new visitor stats page (part of the roll out post 30 March) only gives the top gallery and image - not the 5 we currently have, so actually going backwards in features terms...

• TerryMercer.comTerryMercer.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate to 'compare' the other sites to Zenfolio... but the competition is currently better with the stats... the SEO... and the information gathering for their photographers. PLEASE MAKE THIS A PRIORITY... and get it done.

Even Flickr has better stats than Zenfolio. That's pretty sad.

• TerryMercer.comTerryMercer.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't have a clue what SmugMug is doing with their SEO for images their photographer clients are posting... and I haven't uploaded anything to that site in nearly 4 years... but still average nearly 20,000 'views' and 'hits' and over 100 'inquires' a month from images I had up there. Those numbers are according to their stats AND googleanalytics.

Further, they can tell me which galleries are popular, what the numbers are for EACH gallery, EACH image, and even WHERE (IP locator) the views are coming from. Plus, if the 'viewer' is logged in, who they are. Also, REAL IMPORTANT, HOW THEY GOT TO MY SITE (via direct link from facebook, twitter, which web site, or which search engine link... as well as what OS/Browser they are using... desktop or mobile... even the browser version). Very Impressive & useful Stats.

Honestly, if the mobile sales were easy & working... the stats would be far less important to me. I'm getting the traffic, the views, the clicks.... but unfortunately it's a whole lot of MOBILE USERS (college kids)... and my sell-throughs are a fraction of what they were on Smug. Really makes me wonder if making the change to Zen was the right decision.

I have the analytics running on my Zen account, which I upload to at least 5 to 10 times per month, usually 500 to 1000 images per upload (I mostly shot events)... and my weekly viewers are only about 2,000 to 5,000 (with under 500 'unique' visitors).... and a whole lot of people complaining that they can't figure out HOW TO PURCHASE (from their smart phone, tablet, chromebook, or other 'non-computer' net connection'

There are many things I really love about Zenfolio... the gallery manipulation and multi-layered structure, moving, copying, and the self-fulfillment options, etc. But the stats, mobile selling, and SEO part really needs some attention & work.

I agree. I can know for a fact that a customer visited one of my galleries, and the gallery "visitors" number won't change. My site is relatively new, so I notice it pretty easily.

• hmphotographshmphotographs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a member of Zenfolio since early 2010 and have over 50,000 photographs loaded and over 20,000 user visits.

I use both Google Analytics and Statcounter to provide information on viewing patterns on my site to visitors eg top viewed daily photograph, top viewed monthly photograph and have just published the Top 20 viewed photographs on my site for 2014.

Are there any plan to improve User Statistics in the near future?

I would like to at least be able to get a listing on the screen and in pdf format for my site of user views by Gallery and by photographs within gallery and a list of user views by photograph.

The top 5 photographs and galleries is very inadequate.

• OLD 81 STUDIOSOLD 81 STUDIOS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an update for Statcounter that we need to be able to add to our site. Keyword Analysis with Google Webmaster Tools for the Auto Import feature. This would be a great tool to use but we just need to be able to imbed some more code into the site.

Good one. I'm on this one today..trying to see how many visitors use mobile devices.

I'd like to be able to see who , when and what images where downloaded from a particular gallery without having to visit each image.

• Christopher Tippins PhotographyChristopher Tippins Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if some of you guys and gals are aware that Zen now supports statcounter.com. Check it out - it may provide you with some of the data you seek (and some you weren't even aware you could get).

• Denny BeckDenny Beck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to know how many downloads are made by clients/friends when I have the downloads option enabled. It would be great to get a count by photo of the number of downloads. Now I have no clue which photos are being downloaded and how many.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base