Feature Suggestions

Submit your feature ideas and votes. Take advantage of search to find existing submissions and use your votes wisely.

I would be very interested in ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic Collections

I would like to see the ability to set up dynamic galleries. For example, you could set up a gallery that contains all of your public photos with the keyword "sunset." Or all photos with a focal length of 200mm. Or all photos with a focal length >200mm AND the keyword "sunset." The ability to specify which galleries to pull photos from would be nice as well.

739 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    67 comments  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature has been reviewed and given the current roadmap this will unfortunately be not able to happen in 2017. We will reassess at a later time.

2. Maintaining Collections

We need better facilities for managing and maintaining collections. Here's the problems... and my suggestions for the features we need.

Adding images to a collection is relatively easy, collections eg showcase collections tend to grow rapidly and need regular 'thinning out'. We are however seriously lacking tools to be able to do that kind of maintenance.

The thumbnails in the edit images view (for collections) are too small to be able to decide between any set of images which are remotely similar. Option for larger thumbnails would be helpful but only part of the solution.

Double clicking an image in…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Random sort order

In the Gallary edit screen, on the "sort order" pull down, add option "Random". When pressed the images are ordered in a random sequence. This ramdomized sequence will then remain until such time as the process is repeated

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatic number-recognition for tagging bib numbers in race/running photos.

Other websites/softwares have the ability to "see" numbers within an image, which would be particularly useful for those of us who photograph races and need to tag the image with a bib number.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. digital download file names change

When I allow for digital download, the file names change when the client gets the photos. This is a huge problem.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to unsubscribe customers from receiving emails

Some of my client's what to opt out of receiving emails but we could only delete them and once they sign back in they get added again. There should be a way to opt them out.

Thanks

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change Privacy / Permissions to Photos within Collections

You cannot currently change permissions to photos if you're editing them within a collection. That means, in order to change their permissions, I'd have to go into each of their individual galleries and change them 1 by 1.

In my case, I have all my photos for clients in protected galleries and want to showcase my favorites from different clients all in one portfolio style collection. My only option right now is to download all the photos in the collection and re-upload them as separate files but that is tedious, wastes space, and if I've put them in some sort…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Smarter Image Replacement / Duplicate handling

The uploader should work like EVERY other file system and look for duplicates based on name and not file size. When you upload duplicates, the system should ask if you want to Replace/Overwrite, Skip, or Use Unique Names. I upload all of my files for backup before editing some of them and I want to be able to easily replace the unedited ones with the edited ones.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Being able to upload PDF files to the same place as images.

At the moment, PDF files have to be uploaded to a different place. This means I have to provide the client with 2 URLs. It would be great that it can be uploaded to the same place as the images. An example of PDF files that would be uploaded are contact sheets (thumbnails) which the client can use to identify which images they want to print.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To allow uploading and displaying not only PDF files but also multiple pages PDF files, like a book and or magazine.

To allow uploading and displaying not only PDF files but also multiple pages PDF files, like a book and or magazine. Clients and/or customers could not only view such a product but also order partial or the entire content of such a book or magazine in print or PDF format.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Being able to do a search for photos in my Zenfolio account using partial filenames

Should be able to search using partial file names such as DSC_* or ?
    and see every file with that filename or extension.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search for pictures with comments

I want the ability to search all of my photos for those with comments and have them display in the results.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adding Google Tag Manager

google.com/tagmanager/

This is a great way to make small adjustments to pages with products or galleries with our images shown. you can also use redirects and create custom things on pages you dont have control over other than what is offered in the options. This will also allow you to call up your developer friend or use your own handy coding skills to add things. I would love to see this feature available to where we can just drop in the tag given by google manually by us instead of requesting it :)

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. sort images in favorites folder; hide Zenfolio numbers

As far as I can tell, there's no way to sort images in a favorites folder. When a couple selects 100 images for their album, I have to go through and manually put them in order by their filename. It would also be nice to be able to hide the numbers applied by Zenfolio. It's very confusing to clients.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Email reminder automation during gallery creation

We would like to see the email reminder service automatically pull in the names from a specific gallery and send the two-week notice (or other predetermined date) without having to go in at a later time.

Everyone joins our contact list after the gallery goes up. We collect their information as they come into the gallery and can't set up the reminder email until near the end.

This means we have to go back into each gallery and manually program the two week reminder. Sure would help if we could do this during the initial set-up.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sharing RAW files as Galleries for mass download

As a second shooter I would LOVE to use Zenfolio as a way to share RAW files with the primary photographer. Since we all have our way of editing it is important to have a way to share these files as well as archive. Please allow the RAW files to be shared not one on one but as a folder for mass downloading! This would be a HUGE timesaver and GREAT tool. Thank you!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Client Comments Visable from Favorites Folder & in Photographer's View

When my clients or their guests post comments, they are only visible via the client preview. I would like to be able to see the comments in the photographer's view and from favorites folders.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Print Ordering options for collections

I would like to be able to define print ordering options for collections. This would allow a public gallery to have print ordering disabled and then a protected collection of those images have the option enabled. It would also allow a collection to use a different set of prices. The only way I see to do this now is to copy the images to multiple galleries.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. automated passwords for multiple galleries with automated client schedualed emails

i do school photography and would like an easy solution to create 300 separate password galleries for each of the students and have them automatically recieve the email to visit the gallery

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Creating sections inside of galleries

This was something I first saw in another photo hosting service. In this case it was weddings and the photographer had the ability to break a wedding gallery into sections (Getting ready, ceremony, reception & posed).

While I know I could create groups for each event and then galleries to simulate this, clients wouldn't have a seamless viewing experience from start to finish if they had to jump between galleries.

Other applications, Sporting tournaments broken up by games, or action separated from award ceremonies, graduations broken up by major, or diploma ceremony & candids.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Organization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base