Feature Suggestions

Submit your feature ideas and votes. Take advantage of search to find existing submissions and use your votes wisely.

I would be very interested in ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send email from my domain

It would be far better to have emails sent from my domain than "Zenfolio [noreply@zenfoliomail.com]; on behalf of; CCG Creative Studios, LLC [sales@ccgcreativestudios.com]". This is simply not a very attractive presentation to the client. You've done a very nice job removing branding in most places for the Premium account, but this is a weak spot.

If Google Mail can figure out how to send email through my SMTP server by letting me set up credentials in the proper way, then surely the smart people at Zenfolio can find a way to do the same thing.

1,584 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    54 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improved Visitor stats

Currently the most popular Photos / Galleries leaves a lot to be desired. At the very least make it the top 10 most popular photos - but preferably have the chance to drill down on a per gallery basis. I know Google Analytics exists - but I'm not sure why we should need to sign up to an additional external account to find out info on our shots.

975 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    66 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 584 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    72 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As we have reviewed this feature and started the planning process, it was determined that other features take precedent in the current roadmap. We will reassess this feature at a later time.

4. Add photos/graphics/attachments to email communications.

I love being able to have people enter their email to see photos so I can alert them to event sales, expirations and other sales generating correspondence. However, compared to services like Constant Contacts, ZF is just plain text...hardly appropriate in a photo driven business. Please add graphic and jpeg support. It will only put more money in your pockets when we sell more!

194 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search Bar in EDIT VIEW

Allow users to search for keywords, etc. in EDIT VIEW

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature has been reviewed and given the current roadmap this will unfortunately be not able to happen in 2016. We will reassess at a later time.

6. Option for no contrast increase in thumbnails

Thumbnails have a deliberate contrast increase to make them look "better". In fact, they make all my photos look worse. If I wanted more contrast, I'd add it myself. You are unable to judge what a full-size photo will look like from the thumbnail, and might not click the thumbnail thinking the full-size will look as bad.

How about an option to turn off the contrast increase for thumbnails?

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tag cloud

Searching for keywords would be better optimized if there was a "tag cloud" where viewers could just click a keyword as opposed to typing it. This is a common feature on many photo websites already. This would greatly enhance user experience by decreasing the amount of page navigations. Example http://www.amivitale.com/

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Full SSL Support

SSL Support on the complete page of zenfolio will increase security. Especially the download of pictures at the gallery with password should be SSL protect. At the moment this data transfer is not encrypted, so its possible to sniffer the password of gallery or download or copy the traffic. This is insecure. The upload is unencrypted too, but uses at least a zenfolio own protocol. I hope I'm not the only one, who wants more security to the high resolution pictures and zenfolio overall, because what is the benifit of features if my pictures could get stolen?

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow users to add custom categories/sub-categories for their own account

Categories and sub-categories seem to be a constant problem because everyone wants to categorize their photographs differently. Some categorize by subject (of which there are conceivably thousands), others categorize by theme (like the user that requested "History" and "Vintage").

The solution of continuously adding more and more categories/sub-categories isn't very effective either. One of two things will happen:

A) Users will eventually have to sift through far too many categories/sub-categories to find what they want. It will get to a point where any given user must sift through many times more categories that are useless to them than those that…

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Customization of Order Confirmation emails and independent vendor shipping customization

The capability to customize order confirmation emails would be extremely beneficial in allowing us to make sure the appropriate information is going to the customer.

Also, when using vendors outside of zenfolio vendors (i.e. self-fulfillment) the option for complete shipping customization needs to be made available.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Expand 2gb Limit on Video Uploads

Please remove (even at a premium) the 2gb video limit for video uploads.

This is crucial for the ever growing user base of hybrid photographers/VIDEOGRAPHERs that zenfolio attracts. Please make this a priority. Thank you.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SEO - Title tag

I believe we would get more incoming traffic if we when we add a title to our photos (which we currently can) that the < title > tag would reflect that title.

For example, Flickr does this. If I have a photo titled "Sunset over Pushaw" on flickr, the title tag reflects that. I've received many more hits from Flickr than I do with Zenfolio.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Copy entire groups

I would like to be able to copy entire groups/folders with sub-groups, galleries, text, captions, etc., into a different group/folder. At present, I have to re-create every folder, sub-folder, and gallery, then select all photos in each individual gallery and copy over to the corresponding gallery I've created. While individual photo captions transfer, I must also manually transfer all folder and gallery names and captions. Very time consuming.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. integrating Zenfolio with a client management system.

I feel like organizing client files is the bane of the existence of every photographer. Programs like ShootQ and (the oh-so slowly released) Tave are great, but only so much as they integrate well with what the photographer actually uses and loves (and Zenfolio is hands down the best client proofing software out there). If Zenfolio is ready to take on a new project (cause this would take a lot of manpower) creating or intergrating with a system that truly is a one stop shop for photographers to manage leads, workflows, payments, schedules and tasks, we as a photography community…

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Addition of security options on user accounts

I have a number of contributing photographers and wish to review their uploads before going live with them. Currently they can upload anything to their gallery and change the folder to public and assign a price list.

While there has been some major improvements on zenfolio, there is a real requirement for some access control toggles for user accounts or galleries

The following would be a few suggestions:

1) Allow viewing of all galleries or just the ones that have been authorized (also mentioned in other posts)

2) Have the ability to restrict the changing of price lists or allow…

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Supporting multiple domains to an account

I have a custom domain pointing to my zenfolio service. In order to have another domain name resolve to it i have to point the 2nd domain point to the first (at the DNS server level).

However if multiple domains could be pointed to the Zenfolio DNS server it would be a lot easier

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Password Protected Pages/PDF Files

I would like to be able to have links in the site menu have a password protected option. For example.I could upload my clients signed contract and password protect that file so only they could access it.A nested menu would make this easier as well so that I could list the portrait session and signed contract in the same menu system.
    bigblackbag.com has this feature already.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mass replacement of photos. I'd like to be able to upload multiple photos to a gallery and have them replace photos with the same name.

Several times I've needed to replace all the photos in a gallery with new copies (with a different size, say). There is no easy way to do this. A workaround I've used is to delete all photos in the gallery and re-upload - but that removes the visitor stats on each photo.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatic password inclusion in gallery invitations

Sending a gallery invitation to a client without including the gallery password is a really serious mistake. It causes frustration and confusion for our customers, takes extra effort and time to correct and makes us look bad.

When sending a gallery invitation, there should be an additional click-box to "Automatically Include Password in Invitation" (if the gallery is protected).

The password would be included in a sentence form such as:

"The password for this gallery is XXXXX (and this is case sensitive)."

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  9 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The ability to scale uploaded/graphic watermarks

Often times I create custom watermarks for clients events and I find that I have a hard time creating the perfectly sized watermark for zenfolio. If I make one, upload it to Zenfolio and see that it's too big/small, I then have to go back into Photoshop/other software, resize the image, re-export, and re-upload to Zenfolio and try again. It would be great if the ability to scale a particular watermark would be a feature in the "Edit Watermark" function box....right under Opacity

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Edit View/Admin Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base