Feature Suggestions

Submit your feature ideas and votes. Take advantage of search to find existing submissions and use your votes wisely.

Feature Suggestions

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We are a video production company and are interested in using Zenfolio as a primary resource in sending proofs to our clients and hosting client galleries. However, I'm not satisfied with the time it takes to encode a file - your servers are currently processing a two-minute long video (originally uploaded as an H.264 MPEG4) and it is reporting that the encoding process will take an hour.

This is really not acceptable for us. We love the architecture of your galleries, but encoding times on other free and premium service (YouTube, Vimeo) as well as straight FTP delivery are much…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I shoot weddings and events. Clients like to see all the proofs, and pick what they like, but it's not very easy to do on a mobile device.

I'd like to have easier access to sorting images on mobile. An easily accessible share with photographer button would be awesome too. People just don't get that they have to view the full version of the site for access to that functionality.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I do not offer coupons; however, during the checkout process my clients are asked if they have a coupon code. This makes my clients think that they are missing out on a better deal, which gets them a little sideways. I would like to see the "Coupon Code" feature be an optional thing for the checkout process. Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As you may know you can add music to your galleries, but you can only hear the music on a desktop device. I and the people would like it to where you can hear the music on a smartphone to experience the site as they would on a desktop.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Most of my clients have a problem deciding which photo and what size to choose for a particular room. Adding the ability to upload a photo of their room and place different images at different sizes would greatly enhance their shopping experience.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A lot of clients ask m why I don't have a side by side option so they can view their photos before purchasing to make sure they are happy with their decision upon purchasing. Can this be an option added in the NEAR future?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When a customer has selected a pre-made framed package, the cart should show the framed thumbnail automatically!

At the moment the customer only sees this if they select 'Edit' in the cart which is less desirable and confusing according to customer feedback.

A framed product should appear 'framed' in the cart!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As a keen amateur wildlife photographer & videographer I'd like to be able to promote my YouTube and Flickr channels on my website as I could from my previous website provider

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Having different payment method other than PayPal. For example debit or credit cards through Vista or MasterCard. Reason for this is not everyone has PayPal and therefore poor customer journey if clients have to make a PayPal account first. Vista and MasterCard are global and therefore easier and quicker for customers to pay for their products.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have many clients where I sell my time to include digital downloads. Many of those clients require a full resolution download option as well as a web ready option (2048px). They also complain that this is not a feature as well as how when they are selecting images they have to scroll to the top to click download or see their favorites. Galleries should have the option of Full resolution and another specified size but not just one at a time, the client should be able to favorite, select or just click the download button and be given the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The selection of favorites right now requires my clients to scan the page after each step in the process to find the button/link to the next step. Since each button or link appears at different stages, though on the same page. It is confusing for my clients and frustrating for me to have to give instructions to each client, often repeating it to clients.

It would be beneficial to have each selectable step visible from the beginning of the process.

While there are at least a couple ways to resolve this, I think the easiest would be this:
    Create a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow clients to be able to create an embedded slideshow of their images in the same way (without as much control) that we are able to. Letting a client share a slideshow on their page is good publicity.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Generally I love zenfolio except the site homepage itself is not very sales friendly to photographers. The photo search function is hidden at the very bottom of the homepage so casual visitors, and potential photo buyers, may simply assume there is no way to search photos and move on.

This photo/video search function should be clearly visible at the top of the homepage as it is on other portfolio hosts.

I believe a great resource and source of potential sales is being wasted. Zenfolio could simply make the login smaller and move search function to the top.

In addition to…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Many of my older clients just can not get around the proofing part. They must add to favorites and then find the share button. I think it would be great if they can click a box to select thumbnail and then click send to photographer right on the same page.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Some customers miss the fact that their images will be cropped, depending on print ratios. The on-screen text just says:

Centered (is it O.K?)

Change to something like:

Centered (Your photo will be cropped. Click here to select which part of your photo gets printed)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I recently sent a client an incorrect password. After multiple failed attempts to access the gallery, it was automatically blocked. After receiving a system generated Security Alert notifying me that the gallery had been blocked, I discovered the problem and contacted support to request that the gallery be unblocked. Not only could I not unblock the gallery but the support team could not unblock it either.
    I'd be surprised if I'm the only one had has sent out an incorrect password.

I request an enhancement to provide the follow functionality scenario:

System blocks gallery due to multiple failed access attempts …

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I recently sent a email to a client using Email Communications but there was an error in the email address and the client did not receive the email. Currently, the system does not provide failed delivery attempt notification if an email cannot be delivered.

Enhancement request: add failed delivery notification for email communications.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great to have an option for clients which allows them to choose photos in their private gallery and share just those photos with friends without providing access to the other photos in the same gallery.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would love when clients first click on the link to access their galleries that there be a title page like what Pixieset is currently offering for a nice presentation and experience.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want to upload a zenfolio stored image and load into my browser and do canvas editing. This fails due to Cross-Origin Resource Sharing security issue. Modern browsers support this. If I store the image on Amazon s3 and send crossOrigin : 'anonymous' in header it works, when I send this to zenfolio the image load fails

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?