Feature Suggestions

Submit your feature ideas and votes. Take advantage of search to find existing submissions and use your votes wisely.

Feature Suggestions

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I use my Zenfolio for client galleries on my Wordpress site. The previous software I used allowed me to send a link to my client for a password protected gallery. However, even though it meant nobody could access their private gallery, the could still share individual images on social media. This means that they can keep what like private but share certain images with friends and family and if I have my logo on the images, free advertising for me. I think this needs to be a feature on Zenfolio galleries and is quite important for customer satisfaction.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Not having an option for metadata in the head of custom pages that would make it the page more mobile friendly makes for an unprofessional look and users have to struggle to select drop down menus from a phone. If you won't let those that know how, edit their <head>, then extend the option for mobile view to custom pages too.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Zenfolio is getting better every days now and it's a good thing but let's face it... there is a feature where zenfolio is really bad at it and it's proofing ability.

To my surprise it’s not a very complicated feature to implant but it’s a really important part in a digital photographer workflow. I’m not the only one hoping for zenfolio to get us some love on that.
    https://zenfolio.uservoice.com/search?filter=ideas&query=proofing

And do I really need to tell you that other companies have understand that need? I won’t write down a competitors list but here’s a little and simple google search.
    https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=photographer%20proofing

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please think of a new feature that will make our clients life much easier - Download Entire Group, right now my clients are going each and every gallery and downloading their pictures (sometimes they have to do that 10 times per group).

it will be much easier for them to have just one download action (In the
    Group) instate of getting in each and every gallery...

Thanks!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Larger zip files (I believe 4GB is a max possible) such that download of the full gallery is to a single zip file.
    Currently zip files are 2GB limit, so a full gallery download can easily spread over more than one zip file,such that the client experience of downloads is laborious one and subsequently the downloaded files then need to be merged into one file of all photos - not very slick :(

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For guests it seems like you have to go way too far into the checkout process before your coupon can be applied. I think they should be able to add coupons while they are viewing their cart before checkout.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like my clients to receive a confirmation email to confirm that their selection of images has been ‘sent to photographer’.

Often I have comments from clients saying they are unsure if it went through, and they feel the need to send a separate email to make sure I receive their selection.

Thanks,
    Amanda

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Insert image to email body.
    That way we can create better email templates for marketing to sell more pictures.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have had many visitors complaining that every time they go to my site to view images from the same gallery or from different ones for that matter they have to log in when I have visitor sign in turned on. I know they have to the first time but is there any way they only have to log in once per gallery or just enter an ID number that can be remembered by the computer when the enter my site after the first time

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wishing for a simple way for clients to Download / Save to Phone while in Mobile view.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. People like to view their pics larger and not have to navigate away to add to favs

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Any plans to integrate social logins with zenfolio platform for a better 'single login experience' instead of registration/ client login?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Simple as that. I would like to disable the option for people to be able to create a Client Account for half of the galleries I create.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As Zenfolio customer support explains, full screen layout works as follows currently:

When using a full screen layout for your homepage or your gallery photo page, the content will automatically resize to fit the browser. More specifically, photos will be centered and dynamically resize to the same width as the browser. This means that, depending on the size of the viewer’s browser, the images may be cropped at the top and bottom when the image aspect ratio is different than the browser’s.

For landscape oriented photos, this is exactly what you would want. However, for portrait photos, this looks terrible…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to be able to turn off the feature that locks a client out of their gallery due to failed password attempts. I am not available 24/7 and clients are very frustrated when they are unable to access their gallery and can't get in touch with me immediately. If we as a photographer are concerned with our images being accessed inappropriately then we could turn this feature on, however, being forced to use it is causing a lot of problems for me this Christmas season. I do not want to leave the galleries completely unlocked, and unfortunately not…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great if downloading of files for users could be more intutitve or if instructions could appear when downloading is enabled. Here's what I have to embed in most of my email notifications:

"Instructions for Downloading Files From Todd Tamcsin Photography Galleries

1. Select (Click on) the image that you wish to download.

2. Hover over the image and look for the "Menu" to appear in the upper left corner of the image.

3. Access the "Download" option from that "Menu."

If "Download" is not an option in the menu, please contact Todd Tamcsin to request the image. (602) 828-6669"

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Due to that cameras get bigger and bigger files, are zenfolio going to
    increase the limit in filesize to upload as jpg and tiff?
    Our latest cameras has files up to and beyond 60Mb in jpg and tiff even
    bigger....
    This will soon be a problem at least for us due to that we freqently changes our equipment to keep up with modern standards.
    Would not this be a great idea ?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi there, we are in 2016, right, and everyone using internet is typing something in a search form every day... So it's about time to wake up and make sure our ZF websites no longer look like 70's as far as search is designed :

• search page should be editable (we must be able explain our visitor how search works, or how limited it is for now...)

• search should suggest keywords as visitors type them

• visitor should be offered some kind of keywords list / index for adding removing them to the search just by clicking

• search results should be…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Triggered Emails - A Helpful Client Variable

The triggered emails recently added to Zen are awesome, we love automation, otherwise we wouldn't be using Zen in the first place. The Triggered emails allow for variables in certain situations. We would love to not only have the ability to provide a direct link through the {gallery, Group & Event_ } variables but would love to be able to provide the client's Password to go along with it. The number one call we get is for forgotten passwords to a gallery especially when we are running specials for clients who's events…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to be able to have a check box so when you are allowing downloads, you can enable download including watermark so if someone wants to download the photos, they can but they'll be watermarked just as they are in the gallery. Or if they have a special password they can download without watermarks.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?