Feature Suggestions

Submit your feature ideas and votes. Take advantage of search to find existing submissions and use your votes wisely.

I would be very interested in ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar Based Booking, Contracts, and invoices

If you would like to have a Calendar Based Booking feature added, please vote. The idea is this: a potential client visits your site and wants to know your availability. She sees that a particular day is available, and clicks on that day. She is then presented with a form that contains fields of information that the photographer deems necessary. After filling out the information, the data is emailed to the photographer, and that date is temporarily booked, pending payment. If you would like a calendar/booking feature similar to this implemented, please vote now

4,815 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  413 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for Apple's Retina displays.

Now that the displays aren't just on iPads and iPhones but on the Macs too. Websites that support this (HiDPI mode) look far better, and photo sites should be first.

420 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  75 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Guest Uploading Lets Your Fans Join the Fun

Guest Uploading To Your Galleries From Events & Weddings

Being able to upload guest photos to your galleries alows the bride an groom or attendies to see a different more candid view, plus it will add to print sales for you asyour clients might want to print a photo that a guest took. We all know that guest sometimes have more fun when someone they know takes the photo of them.

Please read article below

SMUG MUG DOES IT WHY CAN"T ZENFOLIO GET ON IT

http://news.smugmug.com/2012/05/07/new-guest-uploading-lets-your-fans-join-the-fun/

301 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option for people to request to be added to mailing list

An option displayed "Please add me to your mailing list" which automatically updates the Contacts list would be invaluable. Currently you only get people's details is theyleae a comment or email you but most people only browse and do not leave comments.

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search Improvements

I'd like my visitors to be able to search within their current gallery, regardless of privacy settings.

For example, I may have a "hidden" gallery (as explained in "Mastering Access Control"), the link for which I provide to friends and family. I'm not looking for real security here, and particularly for older members of the family, passwords and logins are too much hassle, and too confusing. This gallery may have a couple of hundred photos in it, of ancestors and extended family, all tagged with names. I'd like for my visitors to be able to search that gallery for a…

162 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature has been reviewed and given the current roadmap this will unfortunately be not able to happen in 2016. We will reassess at a later time.

6. A more streamlined purchase/checkout process

This idea has been posted already, but it needs votes. Please let Zenfolio know that you'd like a more streamlined shopping cart. Less steps in the checkout means a better client experience and more revenue.

Please help this cause.

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allowing panorama photos to scroll left & right on screen

Like SmugMug when you view a panorama you can zoom in or scroll left and right. Most panoramas looks too small on 1 screen if it cannot be scrolled.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. iPhone Safari/Mobile Web Based Photo Download for Clients

The biggest complaint I get from users visiting my galleries on the iPhone is that the swipe to navigate feature disables the tap+hold to save photo feature of safari. While I don't expect you to fix safari, can you add a download photo function to the mobile/iphone version of your gallery?

Many of my clients want to download a photo and upload the photo to facebook. Sharing a link isn't good enough since people can't tag their faces, so actually being able to download a photo then upload it on facebook is necessary.

I would recommend a [Download] Button with…

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. download all low resolution photos

It would be nice if we are able to download ALL the low resolution photos from a gallery. That way I can just give my clients a link they can use for their facebook upload with my signature.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rating/voting button

a rating or clicking number of stars or a voting button available to all viewers of a photo. This would help the photographer to assess his best/ popular photos.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bigger size of images in galleries and slideshow.

I have a 27 inch display and when I open my images in full screen mode the size of them do not show the quality as much as they should. I have account in the "other" company as well and when i look on my photos on their website they look much better - it is not the process they use - the photos are bigger and this is what it makes the photos look better. I can not stay with the "other company" because they do not have european lab - us only.

I think by changing the size…

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. clients being able to compare pictures side by side

I have clients that would like to be able to compare similar images side by side.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I want the customer to have the option to have the music or not.

I want an option on the homepage at least where the customer can turn the music on or off. I for one do not like websites that have music and I know others are like that but I do have music on my homepage because all it is is a slide show. Some customers like it and others do not, so I think there should be an option like on MOST websites that have music to mute the music.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. improving the search function

I need my stock clients to see more than 500 images returned in the search. The Global Zenfolio search opens them up to searching my competition. Photoshelter returns all the images tagged with the keyword(s) searched for, even if there are thousands.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Autoplay for Videos

Most software tools for creating and uploading videos to blogs or web have an autoplay option because it dramatically changes the experience of visiting the site, especially if the video has music or audio.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. View In Room technology

I'd love it if Zenfolio could implement a "View In Room" feature to image galleries whereby a client could select an image and view how it would look on an actual wall in an actual room at various sizes and with various framing options.

Exactly what what ART.COM does now - check out the "Room View" showcase used by ART.COM.

It has a collection of different interior rooms (living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, kids rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, etc.) and any image that is selected from their site can then be viewed in various sizes and frames in the various rooms!…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allowing visitors to save MULTIPLE smaller images using the SELECT PHOTOS feature

I want my clients to be able to download all of the "Large" sized photos with my watermark on them in one click. It is so annoying that they can only download one at a time!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. lightbox option needed

It would be much more professional seeming for a client to pick a set of images and then review them before settling on the final few to buy.
    We'd need a checkbox to select (like the 'buy' button ) and then the lightbox app.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Clickable link...

I would like a way to be able to send 1 clickable link via e-mail to client that aren't very Internet savvy to download an entire gallery.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Disable visitor Login in mobile version

It is not possible to disable the visitor login in the mobile version of a website. It is distracting when opening it on a mobile smart phone. I have clients think they need to sign in in order to view the pages. It can be disabled in the desktop version, but not in mobile.
    Can we fix that?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Client Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base