Feature Suggestions

Submit your feature ideas and votes. Take advantage of search to find existing submissions and use your votes wisely.

I would be very interested in ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Fit" option for full-screen layouts (home page and galleries)

Add a “fit-to-screen” option to the full-screen layouts for the home page and galleries to prevent photo cropping. When enabled, the photo is displayed as large as possible without cropping.

Additionally, it'd be nice to have the thumbnails bar in these layouts centered rather than left-aligned (with small photo sets where the bar does not cover the entire width of the screen), as well as an auto-advance option.

260 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    32 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multi Level Drop Down Menus

While I appreciate the drop down menus currently available, it should not be hard to incorporate multi level menus. My current page layout only allows me to have 5 main menu items, this restricts my ability to organize and display much of my content.
    Please please make drop down menus more robust.
    PS as well, these menus should function appropriately on touch screen devices. These devices must be supported.

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export to Google+, Instagram, etc with watermark

Much like the Facebook exporter I would like to see Zenfolio support an exporter to Google+. Right now, when linking to a Zenfolio photo on G+ only a small icon of the photo is created. Photos need to be stored on Google+ to get the full size. I love the ability to add my ZF watermark to Facebook exports and would like to also see that in the Google+ exporter I'm proposing. Otherwise it's a completely separate operation to create my own watermarked photos outsize of ZF and upload to G+

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to show individual images in "Recently Added" (not only whole galleries)

Perhaps I have overlooked something: But to best of my searching, currently only whole galleries are listed in "Recently Added". However, when galleries are updated by a individual images the whole gallery is listed. Not the individual image, only.

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search Options

Currently it is confusing for customers who are looking for a specific image. When they search for an image name/number they are first presented with a "gallery" in which the photo is contained. Clicking on that first, obvious result leads them only to the gallery and not to the photo for which they are searching.

It would be helpful if site owners could select what search results are presented – galleries, collections or just photos, that match the search.

Also being able to include Groups in the search options, and make them into either a Collection or set of Favorites…

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to create and then save multiple defaults and be able to apply them to specific pages

I would like it so that I can create different defaults for different pages depending on the client and what I want that client to be able to do - e.g. Buy or Share or Download etc. - and then when I have created these different defaults, to be able to save them in a directory and then apply them to the particular pages I want to.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a "group" to the featured or recent pages, not just collections

I'd like the ability to have my group main page shown as an option on the "featured" or "recent" pages instead of individual collections. This would work great for wedding photography. You have a group with collections such as "Getting Ready", "Ceremony", "Reception", etc to allow the client to be able to skip to images quicker... You just want the main link to be on the "recent" or "featured page though not the individual collections...

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would like to have the music on my slideshows play on mobile devices

The zenfolio site is now optimized for use on mobile devices and many of my clients view their galleries on their mobile devices in addition to their computers, however the slideshow music doesn't play on mobile devices currently. I would like to see the option of having music play on mobile devices when clients are watching the slideshows I've put together for them.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. random cover thumbnails for groups

allow use of random thumbnail for groups (like for galleries and collections). The thumbnail should be randomly generated from the collections and galleries within the group.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature has been reviewed and given the current roadmap this will unfortunately be not able to happen in 2016. We will reassess at a later time.

11. Ability to Create 301 Redirects for Custom Domain

If your Zenfolio galleries point to a custom domain, there is no way to add 301 redirects in the case that you change your friendly URLs. The result is that search engines find 404 errors and the photographer has no way of fixing it. I would suggest a small section in the control panel that would allow users to add their own custom 301 redirects in the case that their Zenfolio galleries use a custom domain name.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Color management in slide-shows

With todays upgrade, the issue of color managed thumbnails is fixed. Great!!! But unfortunately, the slide show still remains unmanaged. So, could we please have a color managed slide show? On my wide gamut monitor the colors simply explode...

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom page width to be dynamic (adjusts for peoples screens) with second option to be user definable width

The custom page width restricted (fixed) to 944 pixels - It seems such an arbitary and outdated limit (especially as the height is unrestricted, so why restrict the width?). Can this please be fixed - a switch on the custom design page to allow the user to choose content width to be set to "dynamic" Or a "defined amount" (defaulted, with 944px as default amount to avoid messing up existing custom pages)

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Upload My Own Fonts.

I consistently use several fonts related to my photography. None of these are available. I'd like to be able to upload my own fonts.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Responsive Design Templates

I am a front end web developer/designer as well as a photographer. As such, usability is a key component of everything I do. Although I think the current templates are beautiful and part of the pull to Zenfolio, they are not responsive and the "mobile" version of the site is TERRIBLE! Not too mention, I suspect there will be many issues in the near future with the increasing number of devices. The templates offered would not be difficult to make responsive and would offer the same beautiful quality to small and medium screen devices as to large screens.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Access Control (Password/Private) for custom pages

I would like to have the ability to password protect a custom page.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think it would be great if there was a way to make the phone number required on the contact page instead of just optional.

I think it would be great if there was a way to make the phone number required on the contact page instead of just optional. I find it very helpful to have a phone number for clients because speaking with them over the phone eliminates miscommunication that email has.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Random photo on the home page

I'd to have the home page to display a different photo each tim it is loaded.
    The photo would be picked up randomly in a collection.
    Avantage over the slideshow :
    - home page loaded faster
    - Incitation for the visitor to come back to see an other picture
    - A more "dynamic" page than with always the same photo.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Guestbook renumbering

Ability to renumber the guestbook entries if deleted... currently if you delete an entry the numbering is off.. I want it to be able to number from 1, 2 ,3, 4 etc with no gaps in betwen.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base