Feature Suggestions

Submit your feature ideas and votes. Take advantage of search to find existing submissions and use your votes wisely.

I would be very interested in ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Subscribe to blog by email

Users should be able to subscribe to blog via email - not only RSS

284 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    27 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to be able to set my blog posts to automatically update on my Twitter and Facebook

I would like to be able to set my blog posts to automatically update on my Twitter and Facebook

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Being able to pull images from my computer into my blog rather than having to pull images that are on my zenfolio site.

Instead of having to pull images that are already on your site, have the option to upload images from your computer so if you are combining photos etc. for your blog post, you don't have to use exact photos on your site.

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Being able to respond to comments on the blog.

When someone leaves a comment on a blog post, I would like to be able respond on the blog to that comment, instead of responding with an email or making a new blog comment. Other blogs have where the administrator can respond to a comment and it appears offset/indented under the comment that they are responding to.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. post to blog by email

Most blogs allow you to post via email directly (attach photo, write story, send to predetermined email address) that posts right to the blog automatically. This allows doing this quickly and even on a schedule or offline (create the blog posts in advance and send them when reconnected to the internet.)

Very easy, and for most much easier than the blog interface.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Blog Categories for easier topic search

A list of categories would be very very handy. I am hoping that my blog will become very active and making it easier for people to pick topics that my blogs fit into would be great, and a huge help !

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to show blog posts on home page

Currently, visitors must navigate to the /blog page to see the latest posts.

It would be nice to have the option to show the latest N blog posts (perhaps in short form) on the home page.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Blog templates! Also, being able to upload more than one photo at a time. Definitely need some cool, customizable blog templates!

Blogs are awesome, it's the way we show our most current work, we can share them with a client and write about the particular experience. Uploading one picture at a time is tedious and then all you end up with is a string of images. Offering templates would be an amazing idea. This is what I would love our blog to look like: http://www.pinksugarphotography.typepad.com/. This woman has a beautiful blog presentation.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Searchable Blog

Great going with the Blog addition. Now, to make it really useful, could blog be included in the search? It seems that for now the blog entries are not searched with the built in search. Also, could Search be improved by allowing its placement on the blog page, header or footer? Any Blog with more than just a handful of entries is very limited in its usefulness without being searchable. Thank you!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A "share" link on the blog site. This would enable an owner to share their blog post to their facebook fans.

A "share" link on the blog site. This would enable an owner to share their blog post to their facebook fans. I noticed that Zen has it in their new blog site!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Facebook Share button on the Blog pages.

I have just started a blog on my site but see there is no diect Facebook share button…..Surely this is an oversight. As for myself, most of my visitors come from Facebook friends or friends or friends.

It seems odd there isn't one, it makes the blog redundant to a certain extent as I may as well write on my facebook page and link it back to my site

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Grid layouts for the blog

I am loving the new grid layouts for the galleries. However, this would be even better if it were available on the blog! Most blog formats offer more of a variety for photo layouts. The few sizes available on zenfolio are time consuming to manage and do not look as nice as the grid formats.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multiple Blogs

I need more than one blog set up within my Zenfolio account. It is very inconvenient to have additional blogs set up outside of Zenfolio and have my photos stored in different locations.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. exporting blog posts to my wordpress account with embedded images.

I would like to be able to transfer my blog posts to my wordpress acct with images. I thought I'd use the zenfolio blog tool because I could easily post images from the galleries, but I've found that the blog I host on word press (and paid a lot of money for) looks better and offers more functionality. I can not for the life of me figure out how to move my zenfolio posts over to my wordpress blog :(

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. posting collages of photos within blog posts!

Would love to have the ability to create collages within blog posts! Perhaps a few different collage templates that we could drop photos into?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Google Adsense w/ Premium subscription (and once Zenfolio branding is removed)

My request is for you to consider allowing Google Adsense for those of us who pay for a Premium subscription (and once Zenfolio branding is removed)
    Like many other users, much of my website & blog content is not intended for sale and having Google AdSense on our blogs is almost a necessity for photographers like myself. I would LOVE to have the option to use Google Adsense ads on my site (blog only, for me) and in my humble opinion (and as others have suggested) AdSense should be available to everyone who pays for the premium service and removes…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add SEO keywords to blog URL, to make it easy to find by search engines for its specific content (example: www.xx.com/blog-food-photography)

I am having a hard time getting search engines to find my blog. Is there any way to add SEO content to my blog's URL, beyond the current www.xx.com/blog? I am looking for a way for my blog to be found by search engines for its specific content. That won't happen unless I can count on some specific keywords that I can embed in the URL or elsewhere in the page. Adding keywords to individual entries is not enough, as individual entries already require their own keywords.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Blog Featured Photo Cropping

When setting a featured photo for my blog entries, I have no control over how it will be cropped for the summary page. Right now I have images where the crop goes through someone's face and is not what I want. I haven't been able to find a way of controlling how this will be cropped and it would be great for me to be able to do this.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Having a second blog

I would like to have the option of adding multiple blogs to my site. I currently use the main blog template to comment on what I've been shooting. However, I would really love the ability to have another blog (without having to build custom pages) so that I can post and comment on other images - such as "Why I love this image". I feel this would be a really useful addition to the site

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Blog Post Order Options

Blog posts are by default in reverse chronological order. I think having the option to choose "chronological" OR "reverse chronological" order would be a welcomed feature for many users.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base