I would be very interested in ...

I currently only sell Self FulFilled Products. Because of this, I pay Zenfolio 4% & Paypal 2.9%. Can Zen just take my clients Credit Card?

Since I ONLY sell, Self Ful-Filled Products, I end up paying about 7% commission, 4% to Zenfolio & 2.9% + $0.30 to Paypal for every sale I make. Also, since I only sell Self Ful-Filled products, the option for Zenfolio to simply take a credit card directly on their site is not available. In order to secure online payment, I am forced down the path of Paypal.

Would you PLEASE allow credit card transactions for self fulfilled orders? I would love to just get a payout from Zenfolio via Paypal at the end of each week, month, etc.... It also doesn't look nearly as professional when I have a client with a full shopping cart and then force them over to Paypal.

352 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian Buckland PhotographyBrian Buckland Photography shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    IanIan shared a merged idea: Zenfolio processing payments for self fulfilled orders  ·   · 
    aliak, LLC Photographyaliak, LLC Photography shared a merged idea: Request Payments via ZENFOLIO, eliminate PayPal!  ·   · 

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom HodgsonTom Hodgson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It just seems to make logical sense for this to happen and I think it's very important, leaving the site to pay via PayPal is causing customers to think they have to have a PayPal account (yes I know they don't have to but they don't know this) or they think something has gone wrong especially when ordering self fulfilled and 3rd party items!!

• RoyRoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking to only self-fulfill orders , and the fact my clients would be forced to use Paypal is the only reason I won't sign up with Zenfolio.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Great comment. I wish we did not have to deal with Paypal for self fulfilled items. I offer both, and get so many calls that the site is hard to navigate or that they have trouble paying and checking out. it is my only reason for considering other gallery sharing sites. After all if I'm losing sales due to this, it's a no brainer.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand how if the shopping cart is ONE shopping cart for partner products and self fulfilled why Zen cannot process payments for self fulfilled????? This is my ONLY complaint now that I started self fulfilled, but could be a deal breaker.....

• Lauri NovakLauri Novak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big step in looking professional in the eyes of our customers. I've had comments - very user unfriendly, .the website is difficult because it does not accept email payments....you have to wait for a reply....send a check etc....I think you need to have a professional help with it....these are easy to put in place...obviously someone is trying by trial and error......just not worth it.

This is not how I want to appear to my clients - if it means leaving Zenfolio and switching to SmugMug or actually going with SquareSpace or ContentActivator to create my own website. These platforms have become much more friendly to the photography world and have beautiful templates and the payment options are a piece of cake.

• CamiCami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this may be a deal breaker for us with zenfolio. I am losing sales over this because ppl don't have paypal accounts and don't realize that there is a second option on pp page to pay with debit or cc card. I am very tired of this. I field more calls from clients because of paypal than any other thing.

PLEASE add an option to collect credit card payments directly instead of pay pal...this would be sooo much more professional and less confusing.

Yes, please!!!! It makes absolutely no sense why I should have clients place an order on their gallery and then have to contact them separately to collect their payment… I am looking at other proofing options just because of this. If zenfolio collected payment on self fulfilled orders (which they can EASILY do) than I would stick with them.

• D_MingoriD_Mingori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Over the years, consumers have been conditioned to run away from anything that says "Paypal". Having the word "Paypal" appear anywhere on your website is incredibly unprofessional. It scares away customers! Even though a customer does not need a Paypal account, most people are aware that "paypal" is synonymous with "fraud".

It's bad for customers, and it's absolutely terrible for merchants.

It's unfortunate Zenfolio haven't implemented this. I live in New Zealand so my customers will only ever want to pay in New Zealand dollars, this means that ALL my sales will be self fulfilled and will therefore bounce out to pay-pal. At least that's my understanding (I'm still on the trial period so this might indeed be a deal breaker)

I would like credit cards as an option to PayPal in any case. Many people do not use PayPal.

• Murray PetersMurray Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Zenfolio needs to give us the option to remove the awkward loop out to PayPal and back. Zenfolio labs do not offer my product so I have to self fulfill.

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be easy and should have been done from the beginning. The labs zenfolio uses can't print many types of photographic images. No Pt/Pd, no carbon and no silver gelatin contact prints from real negatives. Their printers are not good at custom B&W work at all and don't offer choices of papers, developers and such.

That is why we do our own prints so why can't Zenfolio take credit cards for it?

• sgiskesgiske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the option to pay direct via Credit Card should be there. My gripe elsewhere is related: Due to non quantity pricing incorporation by Zenfolio, I must split some client orders to be partially self-fulfilled. This is irritating to bother clients and to me - since Zenfolio reports related to self fulfilled tranzactions still say "client paid" when actually, no, they have not paid yet!

As a premium user, there is no commission for the self fulfilled portion but self fulfilled has needed revamping since I joined. The lack of quantity pricing and how it relates to self fulfill is my number one complaint.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base