I would be very interested in ...

Custom options for self-fulfilled products

I'd like to be able to add some options for customers to choose from on self-fulfilled products. Such as paper type, colors, finish, etc. A few preset ones would be fine along with the option to add my own.

309 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AmandaAmanda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Burnham Graphic ArtsBurnham Graphic Arts shared a merged idea: A more flexible self fulfilled product shipping solutions  ·   · 
    Will NichollsWill Nicholls shared a merged idea: More Customisation for Self-fulfilled Orders  ·   · 
    LindsayLindsay shared a merged idea: Additional add-on options for self-fulfilled clients (framing, mounting, paper, etc)  ·   · 
    Brian CarterBrian Carter shared a merged idea: Custom Categories for Self-Fulfilled Products  ·   · 
    Simon PaulSimon Paul shared a merged idea: Self-fulfilled products - the ability for customers to choose paper types, like they can with the Vendor Products, At the moment, if lets sa  ·   · 
    TindivallTindivall shared a merged idea: Self-fullfilled items having options  ·   · 
    Paul WalkerPaul Walker shared a merged idea: The shipping options for self-fulfilled orders seem flawed  ·   · 
    Darryl TreadwellDarryl Treadwell shared a merged idea: Custom Options for Self-fulfilled and Rights Managed  ·   · 
    MelissaMelissa shared a merged idea: drop down menu for self fulfill products for clients to add features like paper type, frame, etc.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: I would like to see an option for color conversion choices for self fulfilled carts. Photobiz has this and my customers miss it. May return.  ·   · 
    Booker T Brown PhotographyBooker T Brown Photography shared a merged idea: Self Fulfilled products  ·   · 
    Nick Chill PhotographyNick Chill Photography shared a merged idea: self-fulfilled finishing and mounting  ·   · 
    PS Digital ImagingPS Digital Imaging shared a merged idea: Custom Products Improvements  ·   · 
    Lola Rose PhotographyLola Rose Photography shared a merged idea: Adding drop down menus to self fulfilled price lists  ·   · 
    Alan BennettAlan Bennett shared a merged idea: Gloss/Lustre/Matt paper type drop down list when self fullfilling orders (not just for Photobox)  ·   · 
    Alan Bennett PhotographyAlan Bennett Photography shared a merged idea: A glossy and lustre check box for self fulfilled products  ·   · 

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jenny RheaJenny Rhea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to upload templates to self fulfilled products. I could sell as sports towel, where they drag in their image, type name in node, Year in node. Then when I saw the order, I could "download" this image and use it to order since it is to spec. YES, this would save me HOURS and I would be much more likely to use this for all my sports and sing your praises to every photographer and non photographer who would hear me!!!!!! Seriously, I would. I might even send cookies.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be helpful to have packages that allow a limited number of different photos to be placed into a group of products. A Senior portrait session offering a series of different size prints and say allowing the choice of 3 images to be purchased in that package, though there may be 50 images to choose from.

• Brian BatistaBrian Batista commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding categories to self fulfilled products list would be a very welcomed feature. I am currently self fulfilling orders for a custom t-shirt I offer and I had to create individual items for each type of shirt and size, ie. Womens Small, Womens Medium, Mens Large, Mens XLarge, etc. There are currently 34 different items in my self fulfilled list just for this one product. And forget about making changes to the product description, that usually takes me more than 3 hours.

Would love to see this change implemented, I will be casting all my votes for this one.

• Scott MartinScott Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with most everything in this thread. Not having the proper tools to build a self-fulfilled store front has been a large headache and requires way to much time. Unless this is addressed this will probably be my last year with Zenfolio as there are other services that are much more geared toward the self-fulfilling artist.

• Duluth Minnesota Christine Ann PhotographyDuluth Minnesota Christine Ann Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't leave it up to the customer to choose their paper type and finish.. they don't know what will look best :)!

You can upload your own product images. A lot of companies will even give you stock images to use to help sell the product.

It would be nice to be able to put "Album" -> "select size" type thing vs 3 separate entries.

Not a huge deal but does clutter it up a little.

• 3 Musketeers Photography3 Musketeers Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great i currently sell 3 types of USB stick it would look so much more professional to have 3 options under USB stick rather than 3 separate products

Totally agree that it would be a HUGE win to have some product options for self fulfilled products including paper type, mounting options, size….please, oh please ZF!!!

Add the flexibility of Fine Art America to the UI of.this site and you'd have a winner.

• RT SimonRT Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are 2 approaches to marketing work.

-Sell everything at every size in every finish no matter the shot. This is pure product marketing.

or

-The individual who has placed a lot of effort in getting certain things just right and actually wants to proof each print by themselves, selling fewer sizes on fewer finishes, using premium papers and inks. These individuals consider themselves artists. Artists require control over the processes they engage.

For instance I have a series of non-photographic prints on handmade paper of odd size and each is very unique because each sheet of paper is very different. They are marketed towards print collectors who are attracted by that uniqueness as they stand out by their own physicality.

I could say the same thing about a photograph that works better on a certain paper at a certain size as it becomes an individual object in itself, no longer just another digital print.

There is nothing wrong trying to market all our work, (using these services seems to be a great method) but there are those rarer works that we as artists attempt to elevate as fine art.
        (This is not necessarily about print cost. The works described above are not expensive.)

So the question becomes, why can't ZF also help the artist-in-all-photographer's by providing better tools to help market what we consider our best work as individual objects to collectors?

• KristakovKristakov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People, can we all please have your help here promoting this suggestion to the top? This is a dis-functional piece of Zenfolio that needs to be corrected. We need votes. Unfortunately, as others have pointed out, the older forums are littered with suggestions and requests to straighten out self-fulfillment but they were never aggregated back into this suggestion thread when the new forums and user service went online. Give up a vote or three and let's make this happen. Please.......

• KristakovKristakov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SERIOUSLY! Zenfolio! I'm still in my trial, and almost immediately, starting have the same reaction and questioning support about all these same issues. Considering how much work you put into a fulfillment system for your trading partners, this smacks of complete disrespect for US your trading partners. After all, aren't you actually selling web-hosting and e-commerce services? Your self-fulfillment system should have been as developed as your trading partner fulfillment system from the beginning. It's like you handed that portion of the system to someone with a lobotomy. I've even seen screen presentations someone made showing YOU how to correct this and everyone is telling you it's a simple as allowing us to name our own categories with the inclusion of sub-categories. It's not rocket science and totally unbelievable that your code team doesn't understand what's going on here. I'm pretty sure if they work with a data back end then they understand the idea of a 'table'. product->productattributes->shippingcost->price

WE UNDERSTAND we have to manage our own product schedules and information manually. Maybe you could find a way to actually make that possible and even give us a decent way to enter the info? This needs to be addressed immediately! If I want to use your trading partners it's great that you offer them, but it doesn't really service the interests of my customers and I certainly should not be paying you for ordering services to trading partners where some have even noted the pricing structure is more than what's offered on the partners site. Are you offering web-hosting and e-commerce services or are you selling partner products!?!

• Ben RaynorBen Raynor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would put all my votes here if I could.
        This is basically the biggest hole if my ZF set up now.
        Even if ZF did not offer presets, I would happily enter my own.

They also need to offer better product images. I'm not sure what to do here, but I am sure that some one can come up with a good solution.

• sgiskesgiske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you summated all of votes and comments about enhancing self fulfillment into one place, this would likely be one of the highest vote getters. Too bad forum moderators could not merge similar suggestions into "super" suggestion topics.

• Content PhotographyContent Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to see the basic function of viewing items black and white or sepia an option on self fulfillment. I think it's ridiculous to have to upload an example of each for my client.

• Robert Cole PhotographyRobert Cole Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zenfolio needs to provide a quick simple way for me to accept credit card payment for custom, self-fulfilled products, without restricting me to specific products, options and complex price lists created in advance. My customers tend to be local, they see my Zenfolio site, and they wish to contact me directly by phone or email with their (nearly always) custom needs. Everyone is different and negotiated. There is no way to set options and prices in advance on inherently custom jobs. My Zenfolio storefront/shopping cart is therefore useless and I have no reason to continue paying for it. Taking payment for custom orders is really simple on other websites, often through PayPal or Square payment systems. PLEASE make it that simple on Zenfolio.

• Beth BrinstonBeth Brinston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just about to send add this as a request! My product list is too long and complicated for my clients.

• RobertRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I live thousands of miles from the nearest vendor so self fulfilled is the only real option for me. It would be good to have the ability to add frames etc even for self fulfilled products

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base