I would be very interested in ...

Email Marketing Campaigns and Templates

A new system for email marketing campaigns and a good template system for scheduling and sending emails to clients. From start to finish of an events life cycle integration from event cards, to signup coupons and emails letting the client know the event is ready to view. Then followup emails to the client reminding them to order their photos. This could all be customized depending on the role of the guest at the wedding and it is option for the client. The client can click a box saying "Please don't email me reminders" I think this would take Zenfolio to the next level and be a huge advantage to Photographers!

656 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan Ivy PhotographyJonathan Ivy Photography shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Andrew PalukhinAndrew Palukhin shared a merged idea: email customization with different themes  ·   · 
    DarcyDarcy shared a merged idea: Using Zenfolio to create and email a monthly newsletter  ·   · 
    Heather Prettyman PhotographyHeather Prettyman Photography shared a merged idea: Gallery Invitation Email Templates  ·   · 
    angie greenangie green shared a merged idea: newsletter templates  ·   · 
    Desmond CarterDesmond Carter shared a merged idea: Ability To Save Email Templates  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: customizable emails to send en masse  ·   · 
    Gerardo LunaGerardo Luna shared a merged idea: Save "Canned Customize email Templates"  ·   · 
    Amit Sharma PhotographyAmit Sharma Photography shared a merged idea: Creating Email templates for Client Communications  ·   · 
    arun paularun paul shared a merged idea: Ability to create "Invite" templates  ·   · 
    AngelaAngela shared a merged idea: I wonder if the client communications could include links to social media - LIKE buttons and stuff we could cet to our pages, etc.  ·   · 
    Anthony KearneyAnthony Kearney shared a merged idea: Being able to customise the invite visitors email template. In the meantime, could you add a Like On Facebook button to the template?  ·   · 
    FIU Academic Imaging ServicesFIU Academic Imaging Services shared a merged idea: Customizable e-mail templates for gallery invites and other functions.  ·   · 
    Stacey FloydStacey Floyd shared a merged idea: I would like the ability to create multiple custom templates for the e-mail invite.  ·   · 
    Todd LeVeckTodd LeVeck shared a merged idea: MESSAGE TEMPLATES FOR INVITE EMAILS  ·   · 
    RobertRobert shared a merged idea: coupons  ·   · 
    Images by SandraImages by Sandra shared a merged idea: email promo  ·   · 
    LEAVES OF GRASS PHOTOGRAPHYLEAVES OF GRASS PHOTOGRAPHY shared a merged idea: Email Templates, Please.  ·   · 
    Viewolux Photography LLCViewolux Photography LLC shared a merged idea: Removing the © copyright from the E mail communications in the Zenfolio site.  ·   · 
    ShawnShawn shared a merged idea: Client List and Email Communcations Enhancements  ·   · 
    MDKauffmann PhotographyMDKauffmann Photography shared a merged idea: Upgrades for Emails  ·   · 
    Pezz PhotoPezz Photo shared a merged idea: Invitation Email Template  ·   · 
    Arianys Wilson PhotographyArianys Wilson Photography shared a merged idea: Template or custom e-mail to send Coupons  ·   · 

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • MichLan PhotoMichLan Photo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been waiting on this since I started with Zenfolio and never expected that three years later I would still be waiting. I got tired of waiting so I decided that Mailchimp was necessary. No one is interested in a plain text newsletter. However, the problem is, my list has already opted in to my zenfolio listing not mail chimp and it is a pain trying to get them to opt in again.

Please hurry up and get this done..... this is seriously affecting my communication with current and future clients..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

J'avoue ne pas comprendre pourquoi un site pour professionnels, payant, n'a pas encore intégré une newsletter dans ses fonctionnalités. Zenfolio bénéficie, je crois, d'un certain capital sympathie, ses sites sont très prometteurs et c'est pour cela que l'on veut croire en la capacité de l'équipe à réagir vite sur des questions aussi basiques et essentielles que celles-la. Au risque d'abuser de notre patience et de perdre ses clients.

I confess I do not understand why a website for professionals, paid, has not yet integrated a newsletter functionality. Zenfolio has, I believe, a certain sympathy capital, its sites are very promising and that is why we want to believe in the ability of the team to react quickly on such basic and essential questions. At the risk of abusing our patience and losing customers.

• esp1000esp1000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While looking at your "Roadmap" don't be surprised that as you sit on your laurels and plot things out . That along your trip you don't notice not one or two but hundreds of Zenfolio clients with new store fronts using another service. Yes you have made a few strides in my 4 years with you. However most have been cosmetic in nature enough to keep your clients happy. As far as the meat and potatoes portion of this meal I really haven't seen much in terms of new and innovative marketing aides and techniques. As far as helping your photographers especially those struggling to get a foot hold you seem to sit still and quite. Constantly making promises that you have issues with keeping. A business relationship in order to grow as with any relationship needs to first and foremost be built on trust. You'd be your own fool if you entered into an arrangement with someone you knew you couldn't trust. If at first you gave them your trust and when you opened the box of crayons they gave you to work from all the primary colors were missing. And when you asked about it they took a week to only tell you they are working on it. How can you accept to be trusted? Especially when that week comes and goes and still no primary crayons? On what do you expect this to grow an empty glass with a bunch of un-kept promises decorating the outside so to hide the nothingness inside? Or would it be wiser not to make promises you can't keep or so far out that it’s better not to. Or would a much wiser honest person (company) reveal the truth that it’s not in your plans right now and if it were to happen it probably wouldn't be until as a company you could see the feasibility.
        I don't know I'm not you and can imagine with all of the photo services out there how competitive it must be. However with that said don't you think you could do a better job following up with folks who have been loyal to you from the beginning even when there have been plenty of times moving to another newer more polished service would have made more sense? No instead these folks have stood strong by you. They want to believe you and even though you have given very little reason to they still trust you. it’s remarkable even somewhat confusing as to why this is. I can tell you one thing that’s for sure. Eventually we will get tired of always being behind while we wait for you. And we will walk out.
        This email thing is very confusing this is the first part of any marketing plan. First and foremost number Uno when building and maintaining a strong and very wide foundation of loyal customers.
        See next Post

For most us we don't have a brick and mortar gallery or photography service on Main Street. It would be nice to have a store on the busiest corner at Mal of America but this will probably never happen. Now days that isn’t even practical nor would I myself even wish for that. Why? Because with the internet I don’t have to wait for the customer to come to me I get to go to them. I, we have the opportunity that a photographer 20 + years ago couldn’t even dream of. And for service companies like Zenfolio to exist to be able to compete against much larger established companies would have been unheard of you’d be laughed right out of the room if you even suggested it. So today we have the opportunity to be in business together. To help each other grow on a wide base that will give us strength and stability far into the future. Which brings me back to the request that was made over 4 years ago? Can you please develop an email marketing plan with software that is capable of achieving what we all need yesterday not on some fictitious roadmap that isn’t even close to being real but just ;lip service from a lazy individual that isn’t even creative enough to hand out a more believable excuse. Work with us if need be to come up with the mailing software and App that will allow us to compete with the millions of cameras that almost every person on the planet has inside their phones. They always have them with most even beside them when they go to bed. We have to compete with that not to mention all of the social Medias. At a time when people don’t take a roll of film to the One Hour Walgreen’s making 2 trips and spending a fair chunk of change only to discover less than half of their Roll developed enough to produce an image. Yet they would purchase more film and do it all over again. We all had several albums stuffed with living memories. Luckily some of us still have those physical photos to look back on, to remember. Today the photo isn’t that important. They cost nothing to take, usually give you decent pictures after you toss out 600 and that was you’re your nieces 2 yr. old birthday party. Although something is different no one is going to ask you if they can you’re your pictures if your phone is on the coffee table. We don’t print our photos because they are our finger tips. The ones we do print will begin almost right away to degrade and in just a few short years will be useless. Those CD’s and DVD’s don’t last like we were told either. We have to get this message out to our clients and future clients. It’s our responsibility as professionals to explain to our customers how it all works. We are the historians of our day, it’s up to use to convince as many as we can that they need to make high quality prints that will last. Educate how they should store the digital original so that they are here in 200 years, just as they were taken today.
        Zenfolio am confused. You use a very sophisticated mailing system to keep in touch with us your business partners. Why then would you want to keep the very tool that we need to sustain our businesses and in turn Zenfolio? And please don’t think us so naive that making this software available within a months’ time isn’t possible. It should be that is if you have an IT department. And if you don’t you lay out the cash to make it happen. I can promise you knowing what I do about marketing in general you will reap the rewards beyond your imagination. Let us trust you. And if you don’t you lay out the cash to make it happen. I can promise you knowing what I do about marketing in general you will reap the rewards beyond your imagination.
        Let us trust you. Russ Eastburn ESP1000

• RobertRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must do sooner than later. Is it so close to happening that I don't need to set up Mailchimp?

This would be such a great additional so feature can't wait to see when it's rolled out

If This isn't implemented by the time my account is to renew I won't renew my account. this feature shouldn't even be a premium feature it should be standard.

Zenfolio, this popular suggestion is FOUR YEARS OLD. It's flagged as planned for nearly three years. How long can it possibly take? Do you have the resources to run your business to the satisfaction of your paying customers?

• Kris Rae PhotographyKris Rae Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the update that was just posted today just a measure to placate your client base who HUNGERS for this update? The lack of implementation of this feature is not just hurting OUR business: it's hurting yours. Think how much money you would make if you gave us the tools to increase our sales, and thus your commissions/cut.

• Darron Mark PhotographyDarron Mark Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just spent the last hour editing the CSV upload from my Zenfolio visitor details into a useable MailChimp data set. Pain in the bum. Why isn't there an API link between the two platforms? The emailing from within Zenfolio is okay for client invitations, but follow-up marketing is just woeful.

I've just included the MailChimp pop-up email sign up onto a load of my website pages, so that should do something. It's the only way to go, unless Zenfolio up their game or at least do some API integrations.

• Roatan PhotographyRoatan Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would defiantly be a great sales tool. The option to send emails with coupon codes before the anniversary would be great!
        There are a number of improvements to the existing email process that should also be changed in the process. For this to look professional, the mail needs to come from our own domain rather than noreply@zenfoliomail.com as suggested here http://zenfolio.uservoice.com/forums/75695-feature-suggestions/suggestions/1510021-send-email-from-my-domain
        Emails should be able to contain html and images. Ideally we could keep the same theme as the website with the logo, contact links, unsubscribe link, etc.
        We should be able to include variables such as GalleryURL, ClientName, CouponCode, EventDate, etc so we can use the same template for multiple clients.
        With the new mobile app invites, having a professional looking email template is even more essential.
        As this has been planned for so long, and update would be nice so we can decide whether to keep waiting or spend the time to implement our own solution.

Edgehill Studios commented · March 11, 2015 8:34 AM · Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the comment below. It pains me to see you guys so close and not taking the next step. Are you reading these posts? Because, it doesn't seem like it.

"Zenfolio, this popular suggestion is FOUR YEARS OLD. It's flagged as planned for nearly three years. How long can it possibly take? Do you have the resources to run your business to the satisfaction of your paying customers?"

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happy with some sort of arrangement/integration with Constant Contact, which I currently use.

• Edgehill StudiosEdgehill Studios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zenfolio, this popular suggestion is FOUR YEARS OLD. It's flagged as planned for nearly three years. How long can it possibly take? Do you have the resources to run your business to the satisfaction of your paying customers?

• Bartlett Pair PhotographyBartlett Pair Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please add this! This is a win/win for Zenfolio and Photographers. We will sell more prints! To clarify what I envision, here's a typical wedding scenario:

For each wedding, our brides will share the gallery link with their friends and family. I require users to enter their email before viewing a gallery. I would love to automatically send an email with a link to the gallery and something like a 15% Off Coupon to all emails associated with a gallery at the following times:
        *3 days after initially viewing gallery
        *10 days after initially viewing gallery
        *2 weeks before the couple's wedding anniversary
        *2 weeks before Christmas

• CarrieCarrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too am attempting to find a work-around within Zenfolio so I can send a promotional email blast to contact list; having impossible time doing something as simple as including a single jpeg in the email.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base