I would be very interested in ...

Ability/option to present galleries exclusively in Slideshow mode (like the Home Page)

Ability/option to present galleries exclusively in Slideshow mode (like the Home Page). This would make for a more professional looking website.

306 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: It would be AWESOME if you could make it an option to have your portfolio galleries have a slideshow that starts automatically, like what is  ·   · 
    JulieJulie shared a merged idea: Slide Show Only Option  ·   · 
    JeffJeff shared a merged idea: Would like to like to link to just a slideshow from the home page without having to go to a gallery.  ·   · 
    HawagaHawaga shared a merged idea: auto start fullscreen Slideshow when clicking a picture  ·   · 
    David GodfreyDavid Godfrey shared a merged idea: Allow gallery to start up in slideshow mode.  ·   · 
    M.O. PhotographyM.O. Photography shared a merged idea: Slideshow on any page as that pages' default loading view  ·   · 
    nathan russell photographynathan russell photography shared a merged idea: Option to open galleries in slideshow view  ·   · 
    Eric HeinitzEric Heinitz shared a merged idea: Have a setting to show a slide show automatically.  ·   · 

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing and ideal and since it already exists I hope it won't take much longer to make possible!

• Erik WebberErik Webber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please!
        I got this back from support if it helps...

All your gallery slideshows will start only when a visitor goes into the gallery and clicks on the slideshow button.

You can create site menu items that take your visitors directly to your gallery slideshows by linking to the slideshows as you would with an “external site.” Here’s how:
        • In Edit View, go to Show Visitor View and click on Customize
        • Click on “Site Menu” (upper right hand corner)
        • Click on “Add New Item” (then scroll to the bottom of the window)
        • Name the menu item (Ex., “slideshow”, “gallery” etc.)
        • Click the button next to “Link to External Web Page”
        • Enter the web address of the gallery slideshow (You can find the direct links to your gallery slideshows in Edit View > select gallery > Toolbox > click Share > Share Slide Show tab > copy the direct link)
        • Click Apply

Please note if you bypass the regular photo pages and go straight into a slideshow, your customers will not be able to purchase the photos since there would be no place to show the “buy” button.

• KerryKerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please inlcude this option but at the same time start using color management on the slideshows. My slideshow pictures have different colours compared to gallery images. THis is most noticeable on a wide gamut monitor.

• Phil RosePhil Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not a bad idea, but as a previous comment points out, Zenfolio's Flash-based slideshows (unfortunately still not HTML5) will make your image colors look awful for anyone viewing them on a wide-gamut monitor. Need to get Zenfolio to stop using Flash!

• ZenMasterAdminZenMaster (Admin, Zenfolio) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Select the "Group Layout with Slideshow" layout for a group page. Point the slideshow to the gallery that you want to showcase. Optionally do not include any galleries into this group.

• Amanda HamiltonAmanda Hamilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please elaborate on how this is accomplished? I must be stupid. I have looked everywhere. I want my portfolio images to open in the homepage slideshow, not a new gallery page.

• ZenMasterAdminZenMaster (Admin, Zenfolio) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do this with the new Group layout with slideshow - the feature we've released recently. When your visitors will click the group thumbnail, the page with the slideshow will be displayed.

• Kalimana Film StoriesKalimana Film Stories commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been embedding a gallery slideshow on a customizable page (see my site at www.kalimana.com), and it's worked out just fine. Still, you can't customize the "border" like you can the homepage slideshow (I want to be able to do a medium shadow on it), but it's something.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, but must go hand in hand with the implementation of HTML5 for colour managed slide shows.

• J. G. Coleman PhotographyJ. G. Coleman Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can already do this. Just create a custom (embedded) slideshow of the gallery of your choice. Once you're done, copy the code for the slideshow and paste it into a new custom page. You can then link to the custom page, which will show your slideshow without visiting the actual gallery.

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ABSOLUTELY a necessary addition especially in light of having slideshow working on home page. Seems that it would be an easy addition/modification to take that code having link to a drop down for additional slideshows then returning to the link origin...

• JargaPixJargaPix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is a very important feature. I hope this is included in the next update. Glad to see it's under review.

• CarmneCarmne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an extremely important feature for me.It may be the deciding factor for me for account renewal @ Zenfolio.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base