or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    THE VISUAL ADVOCATE: humanitarian and cultural photography by Joe MurrayTHE VISUAL ADVOCATE: humanitarian and cultural photography by Joe Murray shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Hoof PixHoof Pix shared a merged idea: addition of a price calculator for selling stock images  ·   · 

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan DonovanDan Donovan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I looked at PhotoShelter for their stock photo sales ability, but their interface is just not good. Plus, Zenfolio is much more customizable. I truly hope Zenfolio can do something with this for commercial photographers who sell stock.

• NVGNVG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since you don't have this I'm actually going to look at some of the other providers mentioned here

• Mark BienvenuMark Bienvenu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are not getting this feature. I asked about FotoQuote integration a year or two ago and was told that FotoQuote has an exclusive partnership with Photoshelter. Zenfolio is not pursuing a partnership in this area with anyone else. Too bad Mpix doesn't offer it!

Zenfolio definitely does not cater to commercial or stock photographers. It's a nice looking site to display your images, but the sales part of the site obviously caters to wedding and portrait photographers, and their refusal to partner with any labs other than Mpix show that they aren't serious about meeting everyone's needs.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously this is not happened yet? Photoshelter has had this for ages and this is a Dealbreaker for a lot of photography colleagues with Zenfolio, PLEASE FIX THIS!

• GDMK ImagesGDMK Images commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a great idea and would make Zenfolio a much more rounded platform for image selling. The portrait/wedding slant is fine, but there are so many ways the service could benefit those sellers that are not primarily working the aforementioned photography sectors

• MargaretMargaret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea could be the game changer for us. We hate using a different site for our stock photos, and often have thought about switching from Zen.

-CarlSpencePhotography

• David ChauvinDavid Chauvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm on the fence right now but this feature alone has me leaning towards Photoshelter. If Zenfolio had this option it would be a no brainer.

• Chris GradyChris Grady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too am thinking of moving from Photoshelter and not being able to offer Rights Managed images is a big thing for me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be something of a deal breaker/maker for me, this while looking to move on from Photoshelter and maybe to Zenfolio. PhotoDeck - the new kid on the block - has an interesting implementation of its own licence calculator - may be not as comprehensive as PS's but it's in there nonetheless.

• Christopher Arndt PhotographyChristopher Arndt Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plus add the ability so an image only has to be uploaded once, not two separate uploads: print/product, then digital products. I've uploaded the file once, don't make me do it all over again. Too many hoops we don't want to jump through. Like Photoshelter.

• PictureSports - Photography by Dave AyresPictureSports - Photography by Dave Ayres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote (well 3 actually) for a rights manged calculator and license generator.

It is the way the industry is going and not offering it will soon become a very limiting factor for anyone selling outside of the one client per shoot market.

The Zenfolio print service is brilliant, however like many others report a digital right managed calculator it is a compelling reason to move to photoshelter.

Or is this the dividing line between Photoshelter and Zenfolio. Digital Rights Management verses brilliant print delivery options?

• ilopixilopix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make commercial and stock so much simpler. I'm in the process of setting up digital products / licensing options on Zen and it's so unwieldy to create all the different licensing scenarios and related license details/text (print only, print & web, unlimited, limited, time-sensitive etc).

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base