I would be very interested in ...

True and plain CSS and HTML customization.

Let me upload CSS and HTML template files.
Just give us the place-holder syntax you use and enable uploading of real files. No limits. No crappy, weird online customizer.
Heck I don't like borders around everything and I don't want to deal with a thousand options for different borders you used in the template...

247 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    hendrikhendrik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    KishoreKishore shared a merged idea: Option to upload html files. It needs for some site verification service like "Norton Safe World"  ·   · 
    SuspectnixSuspectnix shared a merged idea: Customizable Page Layouts with HTML, CSS and JavaScript  ·   · 
    kkkk shared a merged idea: access to source code  ·   · 

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MacroPhotoFlyMacroPhotoFly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is the custom page width restricted (fixed) to 944 pixels? It seems such an arbitary and outdated limit (especially as the height is unrestricted, so why restrict the width?). Can this please be fixed - a switch on the custom design page to allow the user to choose content width to be set to "dynamic" Or a "defined amount" (defaulted, with 944px as default amount to avoid messing up existing custom pages)

• Melody Crews PhotographyMelody Crews Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a simple folder we could store css and small amounts of java script in would be a vast improvement and take very little development time. I've used the api to create custom java layouts/slideshows/etc, but having to host them on another site is a real pain.

• PBmediaPBmedia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've made my theme was clean as I can with the theme settings, but it's not quite enough. In it's current state, it's pretty cluttered looking. With a little css, I could really clean it up. Being able to work with the template itself would be amazing since you could remove unused elements within the html rather than just hiding them with css.

Tumblr and Blogger are great examples of sites with full template access.

• Sara KucharnikSara Kucharnik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My subscription is up in September. If I don't have the capability to utilize CSS/HTML I plan to take my business elsewhere. I like the shopping cart features but I want to make my site more dynamic.

• Scott CushmanScott Cushman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a hard time believing we don't have the ability to edit CSS except on custom pages and the blog. I'd really like to do better things with my galleries.

• Sarito PhotographySarito Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option to add custom css and javascript files will take customisation to next level. I am currently on trial period.. not sure whether to upgrade.

• Andrew SibleAndrew Sible commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very pleased to see this enter planning stage. I just purchased my subscription, partially because of this change knocking me off the fence. Thank you!

That, and the price, competitors are what...over twice as much? ...man.

• Jason TullyJason Tully commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very excited to see this has went from "under consideration" to "planned" a few minutes ago! If there is anything I can do to help from a developers standpoint such as beta testing etc, I'd be more than happy to.

• Jason TullyJason Tully commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 Votes
        I have been a full-time professional web/application developer for 10 years, and I can code and design just about anything for the web. For the past three years I have taken up photography and it has grown into more of a profession than a hobby, and I wanted to build a site for my clients. I have a trial for both Smugmug and ZenFolio, and I must say I'm dissapointed that Zenfolio doesn't allow Custom css and html in their templates. All the sample sites I looked at seem generic, cookie cuter and dated as the all have to have the same general layout.

All Zenfolio needs to do is give us at least ONE textarea area that would enable us to insert code into the END of the <head> section of the page of our zenfolio site. Having that functionality would open up a whole world of customization. It would be as easy as inserting <script> and <style> tags ourselves. That way, we can override any CSS styles and replace them with our own. This is such a SIMPLE addition to add to your codebase, and based on what I've read in your forums and here, is a highly requested feature.. Why is this not under consideration? With this simple addition it would satisfy so many of your users. From a developers point of view, this is a change that can be implemented over night. I am not at all saying ZenFolio should ditch the template system. I have to say that Zenfolio has an incredibly robust system for templates. It is an excellent resource for those who do not know CSS. I'm just saying to they need to offer an alternative for "advanced" customization by allowing custom Javascript and CSS.

• Joe DiBenedettoJoe DiBenedetto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the reasons I chose Zenfolio after leaving SmugMug was because of all the praise I heard from everyone about how much more customizable Zen was. I was really disappointed to find that there was no way to create my own custom css. I understand css very well and not having access to use my own means that Zen is not really customizable at all. The current system is great for users who don't know how to use css and I'm not suggesting replacing it. I would just like the option to use css as an alternative for users who have that type of experience. 3 votes

• Lee J. Luftman PhotographyLee J. Luftman Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature, because I would love to be able to remove the underline on hovered links across my entire site, and not just custom pages.

• halloleo photographyhalloleo photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom CSS/html gives soo many options! E.g. It would be great to move Title and caption to the right/left of the photo. The build-in customisations are quite fixed in regards to the layout.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base