I would be very interested in ...

Giving clients the option to buy multiples of the same image at a discounted rate. (Volume discounts)

My clients like to buy 4X6s to put in their own greeting cards. I would like to be able to discounted the rate for this.

118 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KathleenKathleen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Patricia BerningPatricia Berning shared a merged idea: Offering volume discounts on digital images.  ·   · 
    CCG Creative StudiosCCG Creative Studios shared a merged idea: Offer Quantity Price Breaks on any product(s) in a Price List  ·   · 
    James CarmackJames Carmack shared a merged idea: Multiple & Variable Discount Tiers available in Shopping Cart  ·   · 
    Aaron SivertsonAaron Sivertson shared a merged idea: Tiered Pricing - prices that reduce by the number of files the client orders. (bulk/tiered pricing options)  ·   · 
    LarryLarry shared a merged idea: Volume Discounts  ·   · 
    HeatherHeather shared a merged idea: Discount on Identical Prints  ·   · 

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TerriTerri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This item has been open for a while, so maybe there are fewer than I'd imagined who think this is would be a positive for sales! Packages are fine but they are limited. If I were to create a separate package for each number of prints of each size, i.e."2 8x10, 3 8x10, 4 8x10, 2 5x7, 3 5x7, 4 5x7", etc., it clutters the the price list to the point of confusion for the customer. And regardless of how many I create, there will be a client who (for instance) wants 11 prints when I only offer a package for 10.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto with Amy, my main interest is in volume discounting for digital photos. However, you actually need a gap in the range. Otherwise, the way Amy has the brackets, buying 6 photos costs less (total) than buying 5 ($125 for 5, $120 for 6). Although not much of a difference there, the problem gets worse as your price drops and volume increases.

• SAINTE CROIX PHOTOGRAPHYSAINTE CROIX PHOTOGRAPHY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@CCG
        I see your point and its a good one!

I set up various packages. Something along the lines of
        "Buy 2 get one free"
        "Buy 10 get 3 free"
        OK, not exactly that (because the maths is wrong!) but hopefully you get the idea. Would be better with your suggestion.

• CCG Creative StudiosCCG Creative Studios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

EDIT (wish I could edit a previous reply)... I do understand that packages offer the ability to discount an item at a quantity (i.e. 10 5x7s for $6 each). However, there is no way to "scale" the discount based on the quantity ordered.

• CCG Creative StudiosCCG Creative Studios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@SAINTE CROIX, I don't think you're following the point on this one... We're essentially looking for a "quantity break" discount. If I order 1, an item might be $10. If I order 5, it might be $8. If I order 10+, it might be $6.

Unless you're referring to something I've not yet seen, there is no such functionality in the Packages definition.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This must be a very common feature request. I agree, I want to encourage my customers to buy more prints and it's no harder for me to duplicates than it is to provide one. I want to charge a lot for one, to get a good return on my efforts, but then give breaks on quantity so they feel they are getting a deal and I make more money. I'd rather sell 5 small prints at $3.50 each, than one print at $5.

I am very surprised this was not a feature from the start. Did I miss something? Is there already a way to do this?

• sgiskesgiske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I asked about this the very day I migrated to Zenfolio from MIllers storefront in March of 2012. My concern is primarily on the cost end of the equation. Millers, for example, does provide a quantity discount if a client orders 72 wallets. However, Zenfolio does NOT pass this price break in the cost on to us!
        Tow things need to change!
        1- The Zenfolio client ordering interface to allow for quantity purchases without photographers needing to create overwhelming options in price lists to attempt to offer quantity discounts, and
        2. - The Zenfolio calculations of lab costs need to reflect the actual price structure that is available for quantity orders! (and not pocket the difference).

Search for "quantity" at right and find a few more posts on this.

• AmyAmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree CCG Creative Studios! I have this same issue for digital downloads, I'd like to be able to offer an incentive to buy more. It won't cost zenfolio a dime since they get the same service fee regardless of what I charge.

$25 each for 1-5 downloads, $20 each for 6-10 downloads, etc.

• Rob Booker PhotographyRob Booker Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup. Even my old Photocart system used to be able to handle this! Discount on multiple downloads would be good too, and bulk purchase of different prints. I use a picture package for this but it's not very obvious to customers.

• LarryLarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some way to allow customers to receive a discount for buying more than one of anything is a good idea.

• Stephen Crowers PhotographyStephen Crowers Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. The ability to discount additional prints of the same image in the same order would be great for upselling cilents.

I think most photographers price based on that first print (where all the work is done). Allowing the client to purchase additional copies at a discount (without needing to price adjust after the fact - like I'm doing now), would help increase average sales per order.

I like the idea of being able to discount all prints by either a percentage or straight dollar value, but would like to also be able to set the reprint price individually for each item (basically a second tier of pricing set the same way pricing is done now). I'd be ok with it being *exactly* the same (a second markup $ or % value off of cost, or price individually).

It could have it be an optional setting per price-list (deafulting to off) to keep it simple for those users who don't want to discount reprints.

• Scott KennellyScott Kennelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although a coupon can be created for customers who buy $20 or $50 of prints at a time, giving them 15% or 20% off, I think that a feature allowing multiples of individual prints to be given a separate price. It could be done with a check box. (i.e. by clicking a check box marked "waive fee on multiple prints" a $1 or $2 per print mark-up could be waived for more than one of the same print)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base