I would be very interested in ...

I would like to see Zenfolio partner with a Canadian Lab.

849 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    iMaciMac shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Have a Candian lab like printerpartner.ca, not fair to candian customers to pay more. Photoshelter offers a candian lab why can Zenfolio?  ·   · 

178 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael TanseyMichael Tansey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please follow up on the survey you recently conducted about adding a Canadian fulfillment lab. Most of my clients order just a few prints, and I am losing sales as a result of the outrageous shipping costs from the USA. Make it right Zenfolio, this is a major irritant!

• Chris LoveChris Love commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also motion the movement of gaining a canadian lab choice on the list. I have lost lots of sales on the zenfolio site due to outrageous shipping rates to canada, not to mention duty rates. This could insure more product sales due to better margins for the photographer. everybody wins!

• HMirza PhotographyHMirza Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fill out the SURVEY! It is incredible that it has taken 4 years for Zenfolio to just post a survey! Can they not read this thread? Let them hear your voice loud and clear that we need a Canadian partner!

• Yvan Bedard Photo NatureYvan Bedard Photo Nature commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To Jennifer, GTA and similar labs are no good if they remain English only. There are great professional and bilingual labs in Montreal and Quebec City.
        Unless ZF decides to make business with a bilingual lab, it won't be a solution for 25% of Canada's population. For me and several other canadians, our primary clients speak French and ZF needs a partner who can serve both languages. I'll continue to fulfill myself all orders if there is an English-only canadian lab. In fact, it would not be a true canadian solution. It's a matter of respecting my clients (who are from Canada, but also from France and Switzerland) and 25% of the clients of my fellow canadian photographers.

• federico buchbinder / shadows and lightfederico buchbinder / shadows and light commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The mere existence of the survey could be described as a Christmas miracle. Let's see how this transpires. Happy Holidays, everyone!

Federico

(On a side note: the comment that started this thread is from November 5, 2010 – more than 4 years ago! I wonder how many Canadian photographers have left Zenfolio since. Maybe even the OP is gone!)

• Ken JKen J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope this is true also. I won't believe it until I see something posted here by Zenfolio. Cross our fingers.

• jennifer armstrongjennifer armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES, yes, yes!!! And so hoping it's GTA. An idea i presented to both companies a year ago. This is my biggest frustration with using Zenfolio.

• Roman HidalgoRoman Hidalgo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After so many years I think there is progress! Got an email from zenfolio to fill out a survey about partnering with a Canadian lab so hopefully this is something that is going in the right direction!

• LoriLori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please CANADIAN LAB for all the reasons below. i'm losing out on sales because of the outrageous shipping fees.

• Arron JonesArron Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Zenfolio would partner with a quality Canadian lab that has reasonable shipping, I'll sign up immediately and bring my business to you.

• Halayko PhotographyHalayko Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES PLEASE! Shipping alone is brutal, without any of the other headaches. This seems like it shouldn't be a big deal. If there is a reason why it can't be done, can you at least tell us why?

• Doug TurnerDoug Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE use a Canadian Fulfilment lab.... Duties, exchange rates, unpredictable brokerage charges, international shipping delays are all PROBLEMS that can be reduced or eradicated by offering a Canadian option.

• Doucette PhotographyDoucette Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many clients not wanting to order prints due to shipping from the US. Also different sizes have different labs and have there own shipping changes so that means more shipping charges for multiple image size.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to sign up but the lack of a canadian print partner is a HUGE turn off. Sorry! Let me know when you find a way to help out your northern neighbours :)

• David SmithDavid Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I add the same request - without which the usage of this service for e-commerce and LOCAL order fulfillment/shipping precludes using this service - a pity...

• NotveryZen-LikeNotveryZen-Like commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just came across this after looking for online alternatives to Zenfolio US processing/shipping. I too have had numerous orders declined due to the high costs of shipping from the US to Canada. Direct contact with Zenfolio yielded nothing. Very disappointing and embarrassing to have to tell customers in Canada not to order from our website, and that we'll self-fulfill the order. Please Zenfolio - get it together.

• RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just saw a kijiji add in Vancouver for a wholesale company in Canada called www.printlabcanada.com 16x20" canvas for $22.00
        anyone use them? If not i'm going to try them..please let me know asap if anyone has used them as i need 3-5 canvases yesterday. actually need them for next saturdays wedding photo shoot.

• John Allan HaigJohn Allan Haig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still no response? I think it's time to consider other measures if Zenfolio refuses to seriously address this issue. We expect better.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow. Comments going back 4 years asking Zenfolio to add a Canadian lab. No response in 4 years? Many of my clients want small print orders, and often the shipping is more than the cost of the prints themselves. Add me to the list of "Get a Canadian lab and/or reduce shipping costs to Canada, otherwise I'll be finding a new service".

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base