I would be very interested in ...

the addition of scheduling - whether through a new app or a tiein to one already out there

the ability to have clients schedule and pay session fees though Zenfolio would be very useful. the paypal integration is there, so just some sort of scheduling plug-in

1,175 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CharGAPCharGAP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BrandonBrandon shared a merged idea: Schedule Management  ·   · 
    Resplendent Photography ProofingResplendent Photography Proofing shared a merged idea: calendar  ·   · 
    Risk Photograhpy by Connie SheaneRisk Photograhpy by Connie Sheane shared a merged idea: a "dates available" calender page  ·   · 

63 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a link to or integration with Bookeo would be amazing!!!!! Millers scheduling is also a great idea!

• ChristinaChristina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also use bookm through Millers and if it was offered by zenfolio, it would be fantastic! The link out is not ideal but it still works.
        Right now my zenfolio website just has one of the tabs go to the external bookm link. You can see what I mean http://dreamlight.zenfolio.com/ just click on 'book online'.

• photoguy92849photoguy92849 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thanks sgiske, though if i needed a scheduling app, i'd probably select one with a widget interface as opposed to a link out. It's never ideal to send a customer away from your own website. widgets are also visual... something ZF can learn from when working on their product catalog.

links and basic text break up a smooth shopping experience. when you shop, you want to know what you're getting, at every point and as soon as possible. the moment the customer isn't sure what to do, and has to think about it, your sale is at risk. and if they leave your site, they might miss making a purchase they would otherwise have made.

CCG Creative had a good option:

http://galleries.ccgcreativestudios.com/appointments

• sgiskesgiske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Photoguy 397 - So true. I've used Miller's BookM since it's inception and love it. It's available for Non-Millers clients at www.brownbookit.com. Prior to that, I had spent much time narrowing to about 3 alternate choices. I liked this one the best and it is free to Millers clients!

Now that my website is a Zenfolio one, it's a simple "additional link" on the homepage to book me.

i simply don't get this request. why can't you just embed a scheduling widget from another service on a custom page? i'm sure there's a even free services out there. don't you think a dedicated scheduling site is going to have a more advanced feature-set than something Zenfolio cobbles together to satisfy you.

• Bryan PocockBryan Pocock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same comment already posted on the OTHER calendar scheduling feature request (a few behind this one in total votes).

A great (free/upgradeable) scheduling client that Zenfolio users should look at until this feature is implemented is ScheduleOnce (see http://www.scheduleonce.com/). It integrates with your google calendar and allows you to block out available times, configure settings such as how much time before and after an appointment you need, minimum and maximum appointment times, how many suggested times the person needs to submit, etc. Many features are free. Some require upgrading to a paid service. The system can handle everything up to scheduling time slots in different rooms with different photographers at a busy studio with multiple people on the team.

I suggest that Zenfolio could EASILY partner with these guys to implement a solution that already exists and that they have already thought through all of the logistics questions on in terms of needed features. It would not require heavy programming, just 1) allowing a link to a ScheduleOnce scheduling page from the Zenfolio site and 2) white labeling on the ScheduleOnce page to allow the scheduler to keep the same look and feel as the Zenfolio page it is connected to.

i haven't delved into the customization options yet, but can't you add a widget from another service onto a custom Zenfolio page? there's plenty of booking services / widgets out there.

• janice allenjanice allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

question...I'm new here...does anyone from Zenfolio ever chime in on these? I'm getting a little frustrated as a new customer because the service I switched from had someone chiming in and giving suggestions and letting us know where they were in the planning process.

• NVGNVG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Zenfolio, you have two ideas/requests asking for the same thing just worded differently! Together they have 1539 votes! How many votes does it take to get something implemented?

This would be huge. Please add this... doesn't necessarily have to be specific to scheduling sessions. Just let us make "Services" like products that can pay for

• Brandon VogtsBrandon Vogts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would go pro for this. The additional payment to Zenfolio would be well worth it. Until then, I'm happy with my premium account.

• sgiskesgiske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BookM is is separate from your website no mater what. All you really need is a place to insert the hyperlink to your BookM address you wish to publish. It can be a link for you, one for a staff person, etc. You customize your own banner to appear how you want. You will have a Client link to BookM which is differnt form the admin link that you access to mark your availability and create sessions etc.

Here is my client link for example, which is on my website (which needs revision)
        http://giske.bookmonline.com/schedules/stan

Can book{m} be used with zenfolio? I can't figure out how to add it to my zenfolio site.

• KalliKalli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also the scheduling/booking process should have the option of letting your potential client choose their "3 preferred dates/times" or something... to work out the best appointment. (like meetme.com does)

• CCG Creative StudiosCCG Creative Studios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

True @Joel, but Pictage with ShootQ is priced at $99 per month. Zenfolio has done an excellent job of keeping costs down. I would be content to have something a bit more than what we have now without increasing costs, if at all possible. Historically, Zen has done well with that.

As one example, on our Zen site, we've added a simplistic integration to Appointy (check out http://galleries.ccgcreativestudios.com/appointments for a test drive of how we did it). A free Appointy account does not allow me to collect sitting fees online, but I could upgrade to one of their paid accounts and offer that now, with no modifications from Zenfolio at all.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base