I would be very interested in ...

Track Download Original, Save Image and View PDF via Google Analytics

I want to see stats about all kind of "download options" like Download Original, Save Image, View PDF within Google Analytics.

149 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    harimharim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Makeeff PhotographyMakeeff Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Tracking Download and NUMBER OF TIMES Downloaded would be very helpful. On this note since my last comment on this thread, I discovered (courtesy of Zen's VERY Helpful Support) that a Coupon can be issued to Specific People, Good for Specific Product (i.e. Digital Downloads) for a Specific $; %, etc - AND the number of times the Coupon can be USED can also be Specified with an Expiration Date. The best solution I have found so far! Still would like the Download Count to be a function just like the number of times the Image has been viewed or the Gallery Count.

• Todd LeVeckTodd LeVeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this! It seems Zenfolio is close to having this. Can this be achieved through the "Require login feature" to a gallery? That way you know if they have logged in and then collect data on what they download and when?

• berijanberijan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this to and I want the possibility to enable download for selected users the same way as i can grant access to a gallery for selected customers. Toset the download price to $0 as suggested helps keeping track of downloads but enables everyone that has access to the gallery to download for free. I want to be able to control which users can download.

• Resplendent PhotographyResplendent Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I just wanted to offer a work around for tracking downloads! You can actually create a digital product, set the price to $0 and turn on the Order Approval feature. This way, your customers still get a free download, but you can see how many and if they try to download too many, or you see someone who shouldn't be downloading, you can just ask to cancel the order.

• Makeeff PhotographyMakeeff Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With all the tracking that is done - this Feature should be a REQUIRED item. They are getting our work - we need to know who received it! Knowing how many times and what is being downloaded is fundamental to management to improve the efficiency of our photography and increase profitability for everyone. In fact it would save the Customer time - not having to sort thru a lot of images that are never/rarely ever purchased. Thanks - Hope we can see this a development feature soon!

• Randall Murrow PhotographyRandall Murrow Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Astounded this feature is missing (came here shopping for an alternative to Photoshelter for my wedding business). Professional photographers MUST be able to access email & IP adresses which access downloaded material. Your competitors already provide this (ie, Photoshelter). When will Zenfolio realise this is worth money to both itself and its clients? Looks like you need to go elsewhere if you require this.

• TOMERLIN PHOTOGRAPHY, LLCTOMERLIN PHOTOGRAPHY, LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Knowing if somebody has already downloaded an image would be extremely helpful. We sell digital images as packages and a few times I've run into "Oh, we changed our mind but haven't downloaded our first choices". I'd like to be able to verify that instead of blindly trusting them.

• mauiwindmauiwind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmmm, I thought I just posted this... No matter. I'll repeat it.. tracking downloads would be a great tool.

• Erin Pence PhotographyErin Pence Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really is critical! When I do a shoot for a client I want to know what they are downloading... not only to see which of my photos are being used by the client, but also as a reference to track trends in what is liked and ignored.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see stats for how many times Original files and lower res files have been downloaded.

• Scholastic Experience Imaging, Inc.Scholastic Experience Imaging, Inc. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came from Photoshelter too. A part of this feature that was CRITICAL to my business (and has cost me since its not here) is to be able to assign individual log-ins for downloading from the entire site - and therefore knowing who is downloading what

• Andreas Stahly PhotographyAndreas Stahly Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes yes YES!! I am particularly concerned about clients sharing their passcode...I shoot gymnastics..Typical scenario is that I charge for all the levels and classes (eg galleries) but not for the clients who are in the same level my daughter is in...so no one should be using the pass code for any gallery except 1..if they are, I know I have a traitor in my midst and need to change the password, etc. I also know if someone did download, I know the kids photo and therefore the parent who downloaded it! :)

• Matt BushMatt Bush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came from photoshelter and as a media photographer I MISS THIS FEATURE !!!! PLEASE IMPLEMENT IT

Feedback and Knowledge Base