I would be very interested in ...

Multi-Language / Localisation

I would like to display customer pages completly in a different language. This is important for international sales or non-US local business

2,463 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ruggero de pellegrini photographyruggero de pellegrini photography shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    UteUte shared a merged idea: Eine deutsprachige Oberfläche wäre ganz toll !!!!  ·   · 
    Cercle Photographique Agnès Humblet de KraainemCercle Photographique Agnès Humblet de Kraainem shared a merged idea: Multiligual labels  ·   · 
    Steffen Freiling PhotographySteffen Freiling Photography shared a merged idea: Print Ordering Process in German - all forms regarding the print ordering process in german  ·   · 
    AbdoAbdo shared a merged idea: Translation to PORTUGUESE  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: in italian, please  ·   · 
    planned  ·  ZenMasterAdminZenMaster (Admin, Zenfolio) responded  · 

We are aware that this feature is highly desirable for our customers outside of US and UK and we’ve been wanting to get started on this.

It is a big project, so we are working on getting the infrastructure and back-end pieces in place and are aligning resources to get the localization done right.

At the same time we will be working on other enhancements and new features as well, so please understand that localization is about 6 months away.

386 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rolf NietzerRolf Nietzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

October 2013: "so please understand that localization is about 6 months away." ???
        July 2014: Support tells me "We hope to add additional languages in the future and the good news is that this is in the planning stage.".

In PLANNING stage? - Are you kidding???

• AndreasAndreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
        Waiting for multi-language support

if this is complicated for you to do, let us users know. Probably there are some who are willing to help with the translation part. The programming part sits with you, I guess.

Appreciate your feedback how soon we can expect this feature come true.

• KuvammeKuvamme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am glad "Pieter Maes" wrote this as it mirrors my feelings.

To be clear, I make no allegations, but it is clear that there is a very, very sudden extra "rush for business" and that rings a few alarm bells. It might be unfortunate timing but when one part of the company consistently refuses to communicate (let alone innovate) and the product is effectively stale and only "tinkering" seems to happen, there's no way I'd be hassling my professional contacts to come to the Zenfolio family. As it is, I am more than likely to jump ship, lethargy being the key presently but I should decide as my renewal is due and.... well... the front line support is good but they are limited to what they can do.

Multilingual, dire SEO and not even the ability to search your own images.... hardly rocket science or esoteric expectations in 2014.

• Pieter MaesPieter Maes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, I am tired of messages like the one you mailed around to motivate us to ask friends to sign up for Zenfolio. There are two basis approaches for Zenfolio:
        1) live up to your own standards and launch the multi-language tool.
        2) in case of delay at least COMMUNICATE.

Experiencing none of both makes me wonder if you are in trouble as a company... Or that there has been a take-over in the meanwhile.

If anybody has a valuable alternatives I am open for suggestions and will look into them.

• Yves KubliYves Kubli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it so hard to give us a status update?! You told us in october 2013 that the localisation is about 6 months away...it's JULY now!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's simple though, if they do not add up to the demands, another company will take advantage of zenfolio's weak sides and My god reading that this has been demanded for 3 years really pisses me off :) i will look for a better company and let you guys know if i find it

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah , we need multi language, a one language site is almost unacceptable
        + add the fact that you cannot change any development code yourself, like adding more tags to the title and stuff, really makes me feel like i should have bought a normal website from a webmaster and pay a little bit more ...

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only can agree with the other speakers!! Almost every homepage I know is multilingual. Why not zenfolio?? A page, a service who wants to earn money around the world!? Come on guys!! Hurry!! Thank you!!

• LuisLuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The world is wonderful place. Let´s keep it multicultural please.

• ZenVoteZenVote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some kind of real roadmap would be nice to have. Geotagging and translation - I am really planning to buy business pro package... But Zenfolio seems to lack descent support :(

• Malaïka WeberMalaïka Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, What would be important for people for whom English is not the language, it is the manual of Zenfolio. Even when we speak that language in conversations, you should understand that for someone who is not trained in computers, there are many unknown words and this is time consuming. That's 4 years and I'm on my Zenfolio site is not optimized for search engines except for single items such as titles, etc. .... and it is not nice for my business. Maybe to start, it would not be easy as the instructions Zenfolio is usable with the translation directly with Chrome. In the manual, there are all the links that send to other pages, imagine the time and energy that it takes for a non-English speaking ...

• Pieter MaesPieter Maes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Zenfolio,
        A delay can be acceptable. But in the event were you obviously are not fulfilling your own set goal the least you have to do is COMMUNICATE and set a new goal.
        The fact that many people are starting to feel neglected and the lack of response to all the comments on this is starting to build some distrust. That is even worse than not having the multi-language feature.

It is getting very late to start up some decent communications about this delay.

Time to act!

• Thomas ReinerThomas Reiner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

does anybody care ???? It was anounced over 3 month ago then when it will be there? i hear from support only we dont know we working??? I been under the impression that a professional developer estimates his development cycle but it seems here not or it was totally wrong estimated. But no matter what a update on the progress would be nice otherwise i will change the Service!

• Paolo FioriPaolo Fiori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

think the Master never answare... but im another that waiting this improvement becose not all people here where i live... understand english. Im losting very, very much orders and i think im going to change service!

• KuvammeKuvamme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does feel that we need to start considering a plan B. Any development feels like fiddling whilst Rome burns. It is only the helpful support (who can't often do much other than promise to tell the developers..) keep things going. Searching one's own images in the admin view shouldn't be rocket science even but...

• Thomas ReinerThomas Reiner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is now 8 month any news on that???? thats crazy since nov 2010 people requesting that and it is still not made... you guys have too much money...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

Feedback and Knowledge Base