I would be very interested in ...

Multi-Language / Localisation

I would like to display customer pages completly in a different language. This is important for international sales or non-US local business

2,512 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ruggero de pellegrini photographyruggero de pellegrini photography shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Florence DerouetFlorence Derouet shared a merged idea: HAVE A SOLUTION FOR THE FIRST ITEM : MULTI LANGUAGE  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: muti-language  ·   · 
    UteUte shared a merged idea: Eine deutsprachige Oberfläche wäre ganz toll !!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Multi Language self words change possibility expecially in "BUY" session  ·   · 
    Stefan HillStefan Hill shared a merged idea: German Language Support  ·   · 
    cmartincmartin shared a merged idea: Multi-Language  ·   · 
    alessandro cecconialessandro cecconi shared a merged idea: portuguese/brazilian language support. Brazil is huge market. You are wasting a lot of potential customers  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: german version  ·   · 
    Rüdiger RübigRüdiger Rübig shared a merged idea: German localization would be great.  ·   · 
    GuillaumeGuillaume shared a merged idea: Multi language and price in euro  ·   · 
    colinboltoncolinbolton shared a merged idea: A french customer interface, merci beaucoup!  ·   · 
    Cercle Photographique Agnès Humblet de KraainemCercle Photographique Agnès Humblet de Kraainem shared a merged idea: Multiligual labels  ·   · 
    Steffen Freiling PhotographySteffen Freiling Photography shared a merged idea: Print Ordering Process in German - all forms regarding the print ordering process in german  ·   · 
    AbdoAbdo shared a merged idea: Translation to PORTUGUESE  ·   · 
    Andreas SteinAndreas Stein shared a merged idea: ... a German user interface :-)  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: in italian, please  ·   · 
    started  ·  ZenMasterAdminZenMaster (Admin, Zenfolio) responded  · 

We are working hard on making this happen – making tweaks to the interface to make sure all strings fit, localizing the product catalog with its hundreds of products and options, and so on. Another couple of months… and we will be ready to show it!

409 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anibas Photography - Photographe - Basse NormandieAnibas Photography - Photographe - Basse Normandie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At long last progress seems to be being made on this. I'm quite convinced that I've lost out on thousands this summer as yet another season of weddings goes by here in France where clients families look and then just don't bother trying to purchase because the system is only English.

It does not take years to build a multi-lingual e-commerce system. Please make it happen...quickly!

• KuvammeKuvamme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well it does depend on how well the system was developed/architectured from the beginning. I can't comment on Zenfolio's system. I've worked on some systems that were relatively simple to make multilingual. Some were a pig.

The description from the Zenmaster didn't inspire me, but one should not over analyse the words.

I wish they'd get basic functionality working first (ability to search for own images) and kick their upstream ISP to get half-decent connectivity. Stuff that could be fixed within days...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not believe this is going to be done soon ! To me it does not appear to be such a big job to make it multilingual !

• Andre GariepyAndre Gariepy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 2 schools that are aksing me to provide my services in french because of government policies.
        SERIOUSLY, how long will it take? My sessions are this september! I you can't provide an exact date I have to jump on plan B which to build an entire opencart website just for this.

• Thomas ReinerThomas Reiner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on 08.10.13 you wrote is is 6 month away, now is the 29.0714 what is over 9 month and now you tell us it is a couple of month away??? Maybe get a decend project manager, as the one what is in charge of this is clearly not qualified!!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

May we ask - how will this work please? Ideally I would like to have pages in 3 languages. Will that be possible? Will I have to pay extra for it?

I'm so happy that you are working on it.

• Alexis Vizcaino PhototographyAlexis Vizcaino Phototography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To me it is a bit a pain in the ass moving all the pictures. So I will be "still" patient.
        But, as I want thinks moving I suggest make those guys noticing that this is important. At least we deserve explanations after the March deadline, long due.

I suggest a last call by a general stop selling pictures during a week (August 1st to 7th). I am sure they will notice a lost on benefits.

• KuvammeKuvamme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am just finding the sudden flood or rush of "give us your money now, save a little" promotional mails uncomfortable. I make no specific allegation but it seems desperate. I've seen this type of behaviour before with unfortunate results.

If only effort was given to actually developing the service. That one can't search one's own images is still a pretty big hole....

• Rolf NietzerRolf Nietzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

October 2013: "so please understand that localization is about 6 months away." ???
        July 2014: Support tells me "We hope to add additional languages in the future and the good news is that this is in the planning stage.".

In PLANNING stage? - Are you kidding???

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base