I would be very interested in ...

Improved Visitor stats

Currently the most popular Photos / Galleries leaves a lot to be desired. At the very least make it the top 10 most popular photos - but preferably have the chance to drill down on a per gallery basis. I know Google Analytics exists - but I'm not sure why we should need to sign up to an additional external account to find out info on our shots.

841 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jedusijedusi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Desmond CarterDesmond Carter shared a merged idea: Visitor Log/Counter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: having detailed metrics/statistics on site traffic, such as # of visitors per page, region, browser used, etc.  ·   · 

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add that the new visitor stats page (part of the roll out post 30 March) only gives the top gallery and image - not the 5 we currently have, so actually going backwards in features terms...

• Terry MercerTerry Mercer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate to 'compare' the other sites to Zenfolio... but the competition is currently better with the stats... the SEO... and the information gathering for their photographers. PLEASE MAKE THIS A PRIORITY... and get it done.

Even Flickr has better stats than Zenfolio. That's pretty sad.

• Terry MercerTerry Mercer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't have a clue what SmugMug is doing with their SEO for images their photographer clients are posting... and I haven't uploaded anything to that site in nearly 4 years... but still average nearly 20,000 'views' and 'hits' and over 100 'inquires' a month from images I had up there. Those numbers are according to their stats AND googleanalytics.

Further, they can tell me which galleries are popular, what the numbers are for EACH gallery, EACH image, and even WHERE (IP locator) the views are coming from. Plus, if the 'viewer' is logged in, who they are. Also, REAL IMPORTANT, HOW THEY GOT TO MY SITE (via direct link from facebook, twitter, which web site, or which search engine link... as well as what OS/Browser they are using... desktop or mobile... even the browser version). Very Impressive & useful Stats.

Honestly, if the mobile sales were easy & working... the stats would be far less important to me. I'm getting the traffic, the views, the clicks.... but unfortunately it's a whole lot of MOBILE USERS (college kids)... and my sell-throughs are a fraction of what they were on Smug. Really makes me wonder if making the change to Zen was the right decision.

I have the analytics running on my Zen account, which I upload to at least 5 to 10 times per month, usually 500 to 1000 images per upload (I mostly shot events)... and my weekly viewers are only about 2,000 to 5,000 (with under 500 'unique' visitors).... and a whole lot of people complaining that they can't figure out HOW TO PURCHASE (from their smart phone, tablet, chromebook, or other 'non-computer' net connection'

There are many things I really love about Zenfolio... the gallery manipulation and multi-layered structure, moving, copying, and the self-fulfillment options, etc. But the stats, mobile selling, and SEO part really needs some attention & work.

I agree. I can know for a fact that a customer visited one of my galleries, and the gallery "visitors" number won't change. My site is relatively new, so I notice it pretty easily.

• hmphotographshmphotographs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a member of Zenfolio since early 2010 and have over 50,000 photographs loaded and over 20,000 user visits.

I use both Google Analytics and Statcounter to provide information on viewing patterns on my site to visitors eg top viewed daily photograph, top viewed monthly photograph and have just published the Top 20 viewed photographs on my site for 2014.

Are there any plan to improve User Statistics in the near future?

I would like to at least be able to get a listing on the screen and in pdf format for my site of user views by Gallery and by photographs within gallery and a list of user views by photograph.

The top 5 photographs and galleries is very inadequate.

• OLD 81 STUDIOSOLD 81 STUDIOS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an update for Statcounter that we need to be able to add to our site. Keyword Analysis with Google Webmaster Tools for the Auto Import feature. This would be a great tool to use but we just need to be able to imbed some more code into the site.

Good one. I'm on this one today..trying to see how many visitors use mobile devices.

I'd like to be able to see who , when and what images where downloaded from a particular gallery without having to visit each image.

• Christopher Tippins PhotographyChristopher Tippins Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if some of you guys and gals are aware that Zen now supports statcounter.com. Check it out - it may provide you with some of the data you seek (and some you weren't even aware you could get).

• Denny BeckDenny Beck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to know how many downloads are made by clients/friends when I have the downloads option enabled. It would be great to get a count by photo of the number of downloads. Now I have no clue which photos are being downloaded and how many.

• Dario MarizzaDario Marizza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a long time user of SmugMug, I was considering to switch to Zenfolio basically for the easy of customization and most of all for the high quality of its iOS app. But the Zenfolio visitor statistics possibilities are really poor compared with SmugMug. It would be great for me to have (like there...) a single page with overall/gallery/photo daily trend of number of visits last week/month.
        In this way I am immediately able to find out at a glance which are my most popular photos and... discover thefts! (through strange download bursts)...

• Mike Smith - WideOpenFotoMike Smith - WideOpenFoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new member who joined today, I too am disappointed with the current ability of Zenfolio stats. At Smugmug, the ability to see all the latest stats by gallery, by photo, for the day, week or month, was a simple click away. I like the other things I've seen so far at Zenfolio, but I'd like to see improved stats without having to go outside to Google Analytics.

• SeeOneSoul PhotographySeeOneSoul Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, so this request was raised over two years ago. Stats are vital in driving successful business ... Are we any closer to having this brought into development?

• Andrew SibleAndrew Sible commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

heck yeah, feedback is HUGE in making a living as a photographer. I would LOVE to not have to rely on funny url links on google analytics..kinda sucks.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Improved stats is a must. I'd love to know (need to know) which of my clients are downloading pictures, and which pictures! That way I can understand my clients needs, as I can see what they like. Also, it saves me having to chase clients for confirmation that they have the pictures, and have managed to download them.

• Eli Zaturanski PhotographyEli Zaturanski Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add stats, It's very important as we try to understand our clients, and desirability of our work. Thank you Zenfolio! Youre doing a great work!

• AmandaAmanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed I hate google analytics!! I am having such problems with them.. I just switched to zenfolio and am loving the site but HATING not having a decent stats page!!! : ( I had Clicky web analytics on my other site and it was totally awesome and easy!!! I could see how many ppl were on my site, what times they were on, what photos they clicked on, where the person was from..... I LOVED it and am missing it greatly!!

• ManuelManuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could include Click Tale codes (copy/paste for all pages) and other similar useful tools

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base