I would be very interested in ...

Improved Visitor stats

Currently the most popular Photos / Galleries leaves a lot to be desired. At the very least make it the top 10 most popular photos - but preferably have the chance to drill down on a per gallery basis. I know Google Analytics exists - but I'm not sure why we should need to sign up to an additional external account to find out info on our shots.

753 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jedusijedusi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    JeffJeff shared a merged idea: having detailed metrics/statistics on site traffic, such as # of visitors per page, region, browser used, etc.  ·   · 

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • OLD 81 STUDIOSOLD 81 STUDIOS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an update for Statcounter that we need to be able to add to our site. Keyword Analysis with Google Webmaster Tools for the Auto Import feature. This would be a great tool to use but we just need to be able to imbed some more code into the site.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good one. I'm on this one today..trying to see how many visitors use mobile devices.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to see who , when and what images where downloaded from a particular gallery without having to visit each image.

• Christopher Tippins PhotographyChristopher Tippins Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if some of you guys and gals are aware that Zen now supports statcounter.com. Check it out - it may provide you with some of the data you seek (and some you weren't even aware you could get).

• Denny BeckDenny Beck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to know how many downloads are made by clients/friends when I have the downloads option enabled. It would be great to get a count by photo of the number of downloads. Now I have no clue which photos are being downloaded and how many.

• Dario MarizzaDario Marizza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a long time user of SmugMug, I was considering to switch to Zenfolio basically for the easy of customization and most of all for the high quality of its iOS app. But the Zenfolio visitor statistics possibilities are really poor compared with SmugMug. It would be great for me to have (like there...) a single page with overall/gallery/photo daily trend of number of visits last week/month.
        In this way I am immediately able to find out at a glance which are my most popular photos and... discover thefts! (through strange download bursts)...

• Mike Smith - WideOpenFotoMike Smith - WideOpenFoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new member who joined today, I too am disappointed with the current ability of Zenfolio stats. At Smugmug, the ability to see all the latest stats by gallery, by photo, for the day, week or month, was a simple click away. I like the other things I've seen so far at Zenfolio, but I'd like to see improved stats without having to go outside to Google Analytics.

• SeeOneSoul PhotographySeeOneSoul Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, so this request was raised over two years ago. Stats are vital in driving successful business ... Are we any closer to having this brought into development?

• Andrew SibleAndrew Sible commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

heck yeah, feedback is HUGE in making a living as a photographer. I would LOVE to not have to rely on funny url links on google analytics..kinda sucks.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Improved stats is a must. I'd love to know (need to know) which of my clients are downloading pictures, and which pictures! That way I can understand my clients needs, as I can see what they like. Also, it saves me having to chase clients for confirmation that they have the pictures, and have managed to download them.

• Eli Zaturanski PhotographyEli Zaturanski Photography commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add stats, It's very important as we try to understand our clients, and desirability of our work. Thank you Zenfolio! Youre doing a great work!

• AmandaAmanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed I hate google analytics!! I am having such problems with them.. I just switched to zenfolio and am loving the site but HATING not having a decent stats page!!! : ( I had Clicky web analytics on my other site and it was totally awesome and easy!!! I could see how many ppl were on my site, what times they were on, what photos they clicked on, where the person was from..... I LOVED it and am missing it greatly!!

• ManuelManuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could include Click Tale codes (copy/paste for all pages) and other similar useful tools

• WINTERLIGHT PHOTOGRAPHYWINTERLIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a huge difference between the number of visitors on zenfolio and google analytics for the same time period. I very much would like good visiyor statistics on zenfolio, because now I do not understand what is happening.

• Rea NewellRea Newell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just moved to Zenfolio from Fotki, and I am really missing their stat page. The most popular is nice, but not all that helpful on a daily basis. Please show me at least groups, galleries and photos looked at by day, a running list of recently viewed, and which photos are being downloaded.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base